Written by authorities in infectious disease and disaster preparedness, this one-stop resource covers the relevant theoretical, historical, and pragmatic considerations of viral outbreaks and bioterrorism. It provides an expert overview of this complex area for infectious disease physicians, emergency medicine physicians, hospital administrators, and more.
1. Historical Perspective
6. Small pox
8. Avian Influenza
Public Health Tracking, Prevention, and Planning
11. Ethical issues with preparedness
12. Surveillance strategies
13. Translating Policy into Practice
14. Planning for a Bioterrorism or Pandemic Event: Public Health Perspective
15. Issues in healthcare settings (including assessing exposures)
16. Transmission dynamics, modeling of outbreaks and interventions
17. Recovery from large infectious diseases outbreak
20. Designer pathogens and synthetic biology
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2022
- 1st July 2020
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Jay P Sanford Professor of Medicine, Chief of Infectious Diseases, Division of Infectious Diseases, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.