Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Vibration of Functionally Graded Beams and Plates uses numerically efficient computational techniques to analyze vibration problems associated with FG beams and plates. Introductory material on FG materials and structural members, as well as a range of vibration and shear deformation theories are discussed, providing a valuable summary of these broader themes.
The latest research and analysis of vibration in FG materials is presented in an application-oriented manner, linking the research to its importance in fields such as aerospace, nuclear power, and automotive engineering.
The book also features research on the complicating effects of thermal environments, piezoelectricity, and elastic foundations. The innovative computational procedures and simulation results are shown in full throughout, providing a uniquely valuable resource for users of numerical modeling software.
This book is essential reading for any researcher or practitioner interested in FG materials, or the design of technology for the nuclear power, aerospace, and automotive industries.
- Defines the basic preliminaries of vibration and FG materials
- Introduces historical background and recent developments in functionally graded materials with references for further reading
- Shows computational procedures with simulation results
- Includes many easy to understand example problems
- Presents various analytical and numerical procedures for each solution
Researchers in materials and mechanics of materials, and designers of thermal resistant technology for nuclear power generation, aerospace, automotive and structural engineering
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- 1.1 Structural Beams and Plates
- 1.2 Background of Composites
- 1.3 Vibration Preliminaries
- Chapter 2: Origin and Basics of Functionally Graded Structural Members
- 2.1 History and Application of FG Composites
- 2.2 Variation of Material Properties
- 2.3 Beam and Plate Theories
- 2.4 Governing Equations
- Chapter 3: Analytical and Numerical Methods
- 3.1 History of Various Methods
- 3.2 Analytical Methods
- 3.3 Numerical Method(s)
- Chapter 4: Functionally Graded Beams
- 4.1 Vibration of Uniform FG Beam
- 4.2 Concluding Remarks
- Chapter 5: Vibration Problems of Functionally Graded Rectangular Plates
- 5.1 Numerical Modeling
- 5.2 Convergence and Comparison Studies
- 5.3 Results and Discussions
- 5.4 Concluding Remarks
- Chapter 6: Vibration Problems of Functionally Graded Elliptic Plates
- 6.1 Numerical Modeling
- 6.2 Convergence and Comparison Studies
- 6.3 Results and Discussions
- 6.4 Concluding Remarks
- Chapter 7: Vibration Problems of Functionally Graded Triangular Plates
- 7.1 Types of FG Triangular Elements
- 7.2 Numerical Modeling
- 7.3 Convergence and Comparison Studies
- 7.4 Results and Discussions
- 7.5 Concluding Remarks
- Chapter 8: Complicating Effects
- 8.1 Winkler and Pasternak Foundations
- 8.2 Thermal Environments
- 8.3 Piezoelectricity
- 8.4 Concluding Remarks
- Chapter 9: Practical Examples and Experimental Studies
- 9.1 Practical Applications
- 9.2 Experimental Studies
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2016
- 26th January 2016
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Snehashish Chakraverty has 29 years of experience as a researcher and teacher. Presently he is working in the Department of Mathematics (Applied Mathematics Group), at the National Institute of Technology Rourkela, Odisha, India as a Full Professor. Prior to this he was with CSIR-Central Building Research Institute, Roorkee, India. He has a Ph.D. from IIT Roorkee in Computer Science. Thereafter he did his post-doctoral research at Institute of Sound and Vibration Research (ISVR), University of Southampton, U.K. and at the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, Concordia University, Canada. He was also a visiting professor at Concordia and McGill universities, Canada, and visiting professor at the University of Johannesburg, South Africa. He has authored/co-authored 14 books, published 315 research papers in journals and conferences, and has four more books in development. Dr. Chakraverty is on the Editorial Boards of various International Journals, Book Series and Conferences. Prof. Chakraverty is the Chief Editor of the International Journal of Fuzzy Computation and Modelling (IJFCM), Associate Editor of Computational Methods in Structural Engineering, Frontiers in Built Environment, and is the Guest Editor for several other journals. He was the President of the Section of Mathematical sciences (including Statistics) of the Indian Science Congress. Prof. Chakraverty has undertaken around 16 research projects as Principle Investigator funded by international and national agencies. His present research area includes Differential Equations (Ordinary, Partial and Fractional), Soft Computing and Machine Intelligence (Artificial Neural Network, Fuzzy and Interval Computations), Numerical Analysis, Mathematical Modeling, Uncertainty Modelling, Vibration and Inverse Vibration Problems.
Full Professor, Department of Mathematics, Applied Mathematics Group, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India
Karan Kumar Pradhan is the Assistant Professor (NPIU, TEQIP-III) in Department of Basic Science, Parala Maharaja Engineering College, Berhampur (Odisha). Formerly, he was the Senior Research Fellow, Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India and also the recipient of SERB National Post-Doctoral Fellowship. KK Pradhan’s research interests are numerical modeling, vibration problems, and structural members.
Senior Research Fellow, Dept of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.