Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to the use of recycled plastics in eco-efficient concrete
2.Techniques for separation of plastic wastes
Silvia Serranti and Giuseppe Bonifazi
3. Hydraulic separation of plastic wastes
Monica Moroni, Emanuela Lupo and Floriana La Marca
4. Production of recycled polypropylene (PP) fibers from industrial plastic waste through melt spinning process
Rabin Tuladhar and Shi Yin
5. Fresh properties of concrete containing plastic aggregate
Sheelan M. Hama and Nahla N. Hilal
6. Mechanical strength of concrete with PVC aggregates
7. Characteristics of concrete containing EPS
J.M. Khatib, B.A. Herki and A. Elkordi
8. Lightweight concrete with polyolefins as aggregates
Francesco Colangelo and Ilenia Farina
9. Properties of concrete with plastic polypropylene aggregates
Z. Pavlík, M. Pavlíkovalez<ALEZ, and Miguel <Angel Calzada-Pérez I. Indacoechea-Vega
16. Concrete reinforced with metalized plastic waste fibers
Ankur C. Bhogayata
17. Performance of concrete with PVC fibres
Senthil Kumar Kaliyavaradhan and Tung-Chai Ling
18. Recycled waste PET for sustainable fiber-reinforced concrete
19. Properties of recycled carpet fiber reinforced concrete
Hamid Reza Pakravan, Ali Asghar Asgharian Jeddi, Masoud Jamshidi, Farnaz Memarian and Amir Masoud Saghafi
20. Performance of asphalt concrete with plastic fibres
Nura Usman and Mohd Idrus Mohd Masirin
21. Sustainability of using recycled plastic fiber in concrete
Rabin Tuladhar and Shi Yin
Use of Recycled Plastics in Eco-efficient Concrete looks at the processing of plastic waste, including techniques for separation, the production of plastic aggregates, the production of concrete with recycled plastic as an aggregate or binder, the fresh properties of concrete with plastic aggregates, the shrinkage of concrete with plastic aggregates, the mechanical properties of concrete with plastic aggregates, toughness of concrete with plastic aggregates, modulus of elasticity of concrete with plastic aggregates, durability of concrete with plastic aggregates, concrete plastic waste powder with enhanced neutron radiation shielding, and more, thus making it a valuable reference for academics and industrial researchers.
- Describes the main types of recycled plastics that can be applied in concrete manufacturing
- Presents, for the first time, state-of-the art knowledge on the properties of conventional concrete with recycled plastics
- Discusses the technological challenges for concrete manufactures for mass production of recycled concrete from plastic waste
Academic and industrial researchers who are working with use of plastics in concrete, civil and structural engineers, polymer production technologists, practicing engineers in construction industry, concrete manufacturers
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 28th November 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
F.Pacheco Torgal is a Principal Investigator at C-TAC Research Centre, University of Minho. He holds the Counsellor title of the Portuguese Engineers Association. Authored almost 350 publications some that were cited by Highly Cited authors (SCI h-index>60) and in high impact factor journals like Nature Reviews Mat. (IF=52), Nature Energy (IF=47), Progress in Mater. Science (I.F=24), Physics Reports (IF=20) and Nature Climate Change (I.F=19). Citations received in ISI WoS journals-2819 (h-index=29), citations received in Scopus journals- 3580 (h-index=31). Citations prediction for the year 2029 (around 5.500 citations on WoS, 7.500 on Scopus (already has 7000 MR, h=45) and 16.000 citations on scholar google). Member of the editorial board of 9 international journals, 4 referenced on the Web of Science and three referenced on Scopus. Grant assessor for several scientific institutions in 14 countries, UK, US, Netherlands, China, France, Australia, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Belgium, Spain, Czech Republic, Saudi Arabia, UA.Emirates, Poland and also the EU Commission. Invited reviewer for 133 international journals for which he reviewed so far almost 900 papers. Lead Editor of 19 international books (9 being on the Master Book List of Web of Science).
Senior Researcher, C-TAC Research Centre, University of Minho, Portugal
Jamal Khatib is a Professsor of Civil Engineering (Construction Materials) in the Faculty of Science and Engineering at the University of Wolverhampton, UK. His research interests are mainly in the area of sustainable construction/structural materials subjected to different environmental conditions, and the use of waste and novel materials in construction applications.
Professor of Civil Engineering (Construction Materials), Faculty of Science and Engineering, University of Wolverhampton, UK
Francesco Colangelo is an Associate Professor of “Innovative Materials for Civil Engineering” and “Materials Engineering” at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Naples Parthenope, Italy
University of Naples Parthenope, Italy
Rabin Tuladhar is an Associate Professor and Associate Dean Learning and Teaching (ADLT) at the College of Science and Engineering, James Cook University, Australia.
Centre for Tropical Environmental and Sustainability Studies, James Cook University, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.