Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Up and Running with AutoCAD 2020 uses a combination of step-by-step instruction, examples and insightful explanations to emphasize core concepts and practical application of AutoCAD in engineering, architecture, and design. Equally useful in instructor-led classroom training, self-study, or as a reference, the book is written with the user in mind by long-time professional AutoCAD instructors based on what works in the industry and the classroom. The book focuses on 2D drafting and design, making it more appropriate for a one-semester course.
- Strips away complexities and reduces learning AutoCAD to easy-to-understand concepts
- Teaches the essentials of AutoCAD first, immediately building student confidence
- Provides all basic commands documented step-by-step: What the student inputs and how AutoCAD responds is spelled out in discrete and clear steps with numerous screenshots
- Presents extensive supporting graphics and a summary with a self-test section and topic specific drawing exercises at the end of each chapter
- Covers the essentials of 2D AutoCAD, updated for the 2020 release
Beginner through advanced users of AutoCAD. Architectural engineers, drafting, civil/construction engineers, mechanical engineers. Students taking drafting/engineering drawing courses in engineering and engineering technology programs
1. AutoCAD Fundamentals - Part I
2. AutoCAD Fundamentals - Part II
Spotlight On: Architecture
3. Layers, Colors, Linetypes, and Properties
4. Text, Mtext, Editing, and Style
5. Hatch Patterns
Spotlight On: Mechanical Engineering
7. Blocks, Wblocks, Dynamic Blocks, Groups, and Purge
8. Polar, Rectangular, and Path Arrays
Spotlight On: Electrical Engineering
9. Basic Printing and Output
10. Advanced Output - Paper Space
11. Advanced Linework
12. Advanced Layers
Spotlight On: Interior Design
13. Advanced Dimensions
14. Options, Shortcuts, CUI, Design Center, and Express Tools
15. Advanced Design and File Management Tools
Spotlight On: Civil Engineering
16. Importing and Exporting Data
17. External References (Xrefs)
Spotlight On: Aerospace Engineering
19. Advanced Output and Pen Settings
20. Isometric Drawing
21. 3D Basics
22. Object Manipulation
Spotlight On: Chemical Engineering
23. Boolean Operations and Primitives
24. Solid Modeling
25. Advanced Solids, Faces, and Edges
Spotlight On: Biomedical Engineering
26. Surfaces and Meshes
27. Slicing, Sectioning, Layouts, and Vports
28. Advanced UCS, Views, Text, and Dimensions in 3D
Spotlight On: Drafting, CAD Management, Teaching, and Consulting
29. Dview, Camera, Walk and Fly, Path Animation
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 16th July 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elliot Gindis has used and taught AutoCAD in the New York City area since 1996, logging in well over 20,000 hours of screen time as a designer and consultant in a wide variety of architecture and engineering fields. From 1999 to 2008 he was on staff at the Pratt Institute of Design and as visiting instructor at the New York Institute of Technology (NYIT). He is currently president of Vertical Technologies Consulting and Design, an AutoCAD training firm, and has advised, consulted, or assisted more than 60 companies nationwide in using and optimizing AutoCAD. Elliot is part of the AutoDesk Developers Network and is a Certified Technical Trainer.
President, AutoCAD training firm Vertical Technologies Consulting and Design
Robert Kaebisch is a professional licensed architect and instructor in the Construction Sciences Group: Architectural/Structural Engineering Technician Program at Gateway Technical College. He teaches a variety of courses including and related to: architecture, construction, residential design and code, commercial design and code, mechanical systems, conflict resolution in construction and building inspections. He teaches a variety of different software in those courses including AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp and MS-Office products.
Construction Sciences - Architecture/Structural, Gateway Technical College, Sturtevant, WI, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.