Table of Contents
- Part I. Reservoir Characteristics.
1. Petroleum Reserves and their Estimation.
Characterization by unsteady-state behavior.
Origins of petroleum.
Techniques for estimating reserves.
Reservoirs and geologic provinces.
2. Pressure/Production Behavior Patterns.
Liquids versus gases.
Maintenance of production.
Reserves and depletion times.
3. Pressure/Production Decline Correlations.
Reservoir P-V-T behavior.
Geometric production decline.
Production loss ratio.
Part II. The Representation of Flow Through Porous Media.
4. Concepts of Flow.
Unsteady-state flow and compressibility.
Flow systems and dissipative effects.
5. The Classic Differential Equations for Flow Through Porous Media.
Analytic solutions for unsteady-state flow.
6. Integral Forms for Describing Unsteady-State Flow.
Volume and surface integrals.
The depletion problem.
Prediction of production.
7. Two-Phase and Multiphase Flow: Gas, Oil, and Water.
Concurrent two-phase flow.
Immiscible and (partially) miscible drives.
Enhanced oil recovery.
Part III. Reduction to Practice.
8. Steady-State: Productivity Tests.
Determination of producing radius.
Departure from ideal behavior.
9. An Evaluation of Unsteady-State Solutions for Drawdown and Transition.
Unsteady-state solutions for drawdown.
10. Gaseous Unsteady-State Radial Flow Behavior from the Calculated Results of Bruce et al.
Detailing and analysis of the results of Bruce et al.
Closed versus open systems.
Determination of reservoir extent and permeability.
11. A Critique of Boundary Conditions, Degrees of Freedom and Darcy's Law.
Problem and expendiencies.
Pressure gradient at the closed boundary.
Degrees of freedom.
Darcy's Law in radial flow.
Systems in chaos.
12. The Results of Bruce et al. in Terms of Integral Forms.
Review of the derived relationships and correlations.
Relation to the results of Bruce et al.
13. The Computation of Reserves and Permeability from Stabilized Flow-Test Information (Back-Pressure Tests).
Reserves and permeability calculations.
Part IV. The Use of Steady-State Profiles for Unsteady-State Flow.
14. Approximate Solutions During Drawdown and Long-Term Depletion.
Transition (or stabilization) between drawdown and long-term depletion.
Estimation of reservoir extent and reserves.
15. Representation of Water Drives.
Infinite reservoirs (with drive).
Finite reservoirs (with drive).
Gaseous flow and displacement.
16. Production-Decline Behavior.
Effect of flow up through the well tubing.
Decline of production rate.
- No. of pages: 473
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1999
- Published: July 2, 1999
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080543451
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Unsteady-state Fluid Flow"