- Summarises the wealth of recent research in pathogen behaviour
- Assesses implications for microbiologists and QA staff in the food industry
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Understanding virulence, stress response and resistance mechanisms: Understanding the behaviour of pathogenic cells: Proteome and metabolome analysis; Mechanistic modelling of pathogen stress response; The development of pathogenicity; Host–pathogen interactions; Factors affecting stress response; Cross-protective effects of bacterial stress; Sublethal injury, pathogen virulence and adaptation; Detecting sublethally-damaged cells. Part 2 Virulence and stress response mechanisms of particular pathogens: Salmonella: Virulence, stress response and resistance; E.coli: Virulence, stress response and resistance; Campylobacter: Stress response and resistance; Bacillus cereus: Factors affecting virulence; Staphylococcus aureus: Pathogenesis and stress response; Vibrio species: Pathogenesis and stress response. Part 3 Pathogen resistance and adaptation to particular stresses: Understanding pathogen survival and resistance in the food chain; Pathogen resistance and adaptation to heat stress; Pathogen resistance and adaptation to emerging technologies; Pathogen resistance and adaptation to natural antimicrobials; Pathogen resistance and adaptation to disinfectants and sanitisers; Pathogen resistance and adaptation to low temperature. Part 4 Appendix: Clostridium; Quorum sensing.
- No. of pages: 624
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2005
- Published: July 30, 2005
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781855739536
- eBook ISBN: 9781845690229
About the Editor
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Understanding Pathogen Behaviour"