- UB-04 Claim Simulation on the companion Evolve website lets you practice entering information from source documents into the claim form.
- Over 300 illustrations and graphics bring important concepts to life.
- Detailed chapter objectives highlight what you are expected to learn.
- Key terms, acronyms, and abbreviations with definitions are included in each chapter.
- Concept Review boxes reinforce key concepts.
- Test Your Knowledge exercises reinforce lessons as you progress through the material.
- Chapter summaries review key concepts.
- Practice hospital cases let you apply concepts to real-life scenarios.
Section 1: Hospital Overview
1. Hospital Introduction
2. Hospital Regulatory Environment
Section 2: Hospital Billing and Coding Process
4. Patient Accounts Data Flow
5. Hospital Billing Process
Section 3: Coding
6. ICD-9-CM Diagnosis and Procedure Coding
7. ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Coding
8. Procedure Coding (HCPCS and ICD-10-PCS)
9. Coding Guidelines and Applications (HCPCS and ICD-10-CM/PCS)
Section 4: Claim Forms
10. Claim Forms
Section 5: Health Care Payers and Reimbursement
12. Prospective Payment Systems
13. Accounts Receivable Management
Section 6: Appendixes
B: Claim Form Data
C: Web Resources