Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Underground Engineering: Planning, Design, Construction and Operation of the Underground Space provides the author's vast experience as both an academic and practitioner. It covers Planning, Design, Construction and the Operation of Underground Structures. Targeted at young professionals, students and researchers new to the field, the book contains examples, illustrations and cases from diverse underground uses, from roads to disposal facilities. Sections cover the history of the field, upcoming challenges, the planning stage of the subsurface use, including financial planning and reliability forecasting, site investigation, instrumentation and modeling, construction techniques and challenges, and more.
Young professionals in this area will benefit from the updated and complete overview of Underground Engineering. Students will find the examples and cases particularly didactic. Richly illustrated, this book is an excellent resource for all involved in the development of the underground space.
- Offers a complete introduction to the area, including planning, design, construction and the operation of underground structures
- Assumes little previous knowledge from readers
- Presents the most recent techniques and future technical trends
- Richly illustrated and packed with examples to help readers understand the fundamentals of the area
Young engineers and underground professionals entering the area, undergraduate students in mining, geotechnical and construction engineering as well as consultants
- History of Subsurface Development
2. Planning the Use of the Subsurface
3. Design of Underground Structures
4. Underground Constructions
5. Project Management in Underground Engineering
6. Operation System in Underground Engineering
7. Disasters and Protection in Underground Engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 5th December 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Prof. Bai Yun is specialized in the underground structure design and construction. He also has rich experience in overseas underground engineering projects and has delivered key note speeches in Denmark, Korea, Switzerland, Prague, etc.
College of Civil Engineering, Tongji University
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.