Chapter 1. Preface. Introduction: classification of immunoassays.
2. History of ultrasensitive enzyme immunoassay.
3. Factors limiting the sensitivity of noncompetitive heterogeneous solid phase enzyme immunoasssays.
4. Methods to minimize effects of factors limiting the sensitivity.
5. Principle of the immune complex transfer enzyme immunoassay.
6. Potential of the immune complex transfer enzyme immunoassay to improve the sensitivity and its limitations.
7. Ultrasensitive and rapid enzyme immunoassay.
8. Protocol of immune complex transfer enzyme immunoassay.
9. Ultrasensitive immunoassay for haptens.
10. Properties of the reagents for enzyme-labeling.
11. Enzyme-labeling of antibodies.
12. Preparation and affinity-purification of IgG fragments.
13. Protocol for enzyme-labeling of antibodies.
14. Protocol for labeling avidin with 2,4-dinitrophenyl groups and &bgr;-D-galactosidase.
15. Enzyme-labeling of antigens.
16. Protocol for enzyme-labeling of antigens.
17. Assays of enzymes. References. Subject Index.