Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Application Of Geophysics In Tunnelling And Site Survey Activities
- Terzaghi's Rock Load Theory
- Rock Mass Rating (RMR)
- Rock Mass Quality Q
- Rock Mass Number
- Strength Of Discontinuities
- Strength Enhancement Of Rock Mass Intunnels
- New Austrian Tunnelling Method (NATM)
- Norwegian Method Of Tunnelling (NMT)
- Blasting For Tunnels And Roadways
- Rock Bolting
- Tunnelling Hazards
- Tunnel Instrumentation
- Tunnelling Machines
- Rock Mass Quality For Tunnel Boring Machines (QTBM)
- Metro Tunnels
- Tunnelling In Swelling Rocks
- Tunnelling Through Squeezing Ground Condition
- Case History Of Tunnel In Squeezing Ground
- Tunnels In Seismic Area
- Rock Burst In Tunnels
- Pressure Tunnels
- Half Tunnels
- Contractual Risk Sharing
- Rate Of Tunnelling
- Integrated Method Of Tunnelling
- Critical State Rock Mechanics And Its Applications
Vast knowledge has been developed in the area of tunnelling in weak rocks over the years, and this book bridges an important gap by bringing all the information together for the benefit of the tunnelling Industry. In particular, tunnelling in poor conditions is a huge challenge for engineers and designers, and this book tackles all typical problems headon.
Topics covered include classification approach, design approaches for site-specific grounds, a new invention on shielded tunnel boring machine, case histories, tunnel mechanics, risk engineering and management culture.
- Based on extensive field research experiences in Himalayan region and Alps
- Exclusive chapters on tunnelling hazards, squeezing ground conditions (a full detailed case study), swelling ground conditions, critical state rock mechanics, etc.
- Supported by over 180 figures and 90 tables of data, and test examples (with solutions)
Highly trained and experienced civil engineers, transport planners, building services, environmental disciplines, architects and quantity surveyors
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2006
- 26th June 2006
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Indian Institiute of Technology, India
Central Mining Research Institute, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.