Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Tribological applications of polymers and their composites: Past, present and future prospects
2. The Effect of Nanoparticle Fillers on Transfer Film Formation and the Tribological Behavior of Polymers
3. Synergistic effects of nanoparticles and traditional tribo-fillers on sliding wear of polymeric hybrid composites
4. The influence of nanoparticle fillers on the friction and wear behavior of polymer matrices
5. Tribological behavior of polymer nanocomposites produced by dispersion of nanofillers in molten thermoplastics
6. Sliding wear performance of epoxy-based nanocomposites
7. Wear simulation of a polymer–steel sliding pair considering temperature- and time-dependent material properties
8. On the friction and wear of carbon nanofiber-reinforced PEEK-based polymer composites
9. Wear behavior of carbon nanotube-reinforced polyethylene and epoxy composites
10. Tribology properties of carbon nanotube-reinforced composites
11. Wear and wear maps of coatings
12. Hybridized carbon nanocomposite thin films: Synthesis, structures and tribological properties
13. Friction and sliding wear of "nanomodified" and coated rubbers
14. Scratch resistance of protective sol-gel coatings on polymeric substrates
15. Scratch behavior of polymeric materials
16. Wear and scratch damage in polymer nanocomposites
17. Polytetrafluoroethylene matrix nanocomposites for tribological applications
18. Development of nanostructured slide coatings for automotive components
19. Friction and wear behavior of PEEK and its composite coatings
20. Surface engineering with micro and nano-sized solid lubricants for enhanced performance of polymer composites and bearings
21. Novel nanocomposites and hybrids for lubricating coating applications
22. A novel Neural Network approach for modeling tribological properties of polyphenylene sulfide reinforced on different scales
Providing engineers and designers with the preparation techniques, friction and wear mechanisms, property information and evaluation methodology needed to select the right polymeric nanocomposites for the job, this unique book also includes valuable real-world examples of polymeric nanocomposites in action in tribological applications.
- Provides a complete reference to polmer nanocomposite material use in tribology from preparation through to selection and use.
- Explains the theory through examples of real-world applications, keeping this high-level topic practical and accessible.
- Includes contributions from more than 20 international tribology experts to offer broad yet detailed coverage of this fast-moving field.
Researchers, designers and engineers in academia and industry working with polymer nanocomposites.
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2013
- 30th May 2013
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"In a single-volume reference on polymers that incorporate nanometer-scale reinforcing agents, chemical and material engineers describe them both as bulk materials and as thin surface coatings, and explore their behavior and potential use in tribological applications."--Reference & Research Book News, October 2013
Klaus Friedrich is an emeritus Professor at the Institute for Composite Materials (IVW GmbH), Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany. He is an editorial board member of several key journals in the area, including Composites Science and Technology, contributes to committees and conferences internationally related to composite materials, and has received numerous awards and honours throughout his prolific research career.
Emeritus Professor, Institute for Composite Materials (IVW GmbH), Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
Alois K. Schlarb is Professor of Composite Engineering at Technische Universität Kaiserslautern (University of Kaiserslautern), Germany. His research includes work on the structure and properties of plastics, including modeling and simulation of wear behaviour in nanoparticle-reinforced plastics. He is an editorial board member of several key publications in the area and contributes to conferences internationally relating to plastics and composite materials.
Chair of Composite Engineering, Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.