Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Natural fibers and their composites
2. Introduction to tribology of polymer composites
3. Sisal reinforced polymer composites
4. Jute reinforced polymer composites
5. Cotton reinforced polymer composites
6. Bamboo reinforced polymer composites
7. Wood reinforced polymer composites
8. Bio-degradable composites and Bio-derived polymer-based composites
9. Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Tribological behavior of natural fiber polymer composites
Tribology of Natural Fiber Polymer Composites, Second Edition, covers the availability and processing of natural fiber polymer composites and their structural, thermal, mechanical and tribological properties and performance. Environmental concerns are driving demand for biodegradable materials such as plant-based, natural fiber-reinforced polymer composites. These composites are fast replacing conventional materials in many industrial applications, especially in automobiles, where tribology (friction, lubrication and wear) is an important aspect.
- Provides enhanced coverage on industrially relevant fiber types, such as flax, hemp, kenaf, rice, grain husk and pyrolyzed fibers
- Includes an emphasis on modeling and the simulation of the wear resistance of fibers
- Discusses the effect of aging in various environments and different results in wear and friction performance
Industrial professionals and engineers, materials scientists and all those who are working in the composites and biocomposites sector, for whom tribology is extremely important for, e.g., machining processes and specific applications such as brake discs and sports products
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st October 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Navin Chand is the former Acting Director of CSIR-Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute (AMPRI), Bhopal, India. He obtained his PhD degree in Textile Technology from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, in 1980. After obtaining his degree he joined the National Chemical laboratory (NCL), Pune as Scientist. Later he joined the Regional Research Laboratory (RRL), Bhopal (now AMPRI Bhopal) in 1982. He has published more than 200 papers in journals of national and international repute and conferences. He has been honored with several awards and citations in recognition to his contributions in the field of basic and applied research. These include the MRSI Medal, BHEL citation, and Rotary Club of Bhopal Award. He is a Fellow of the Indian Plastics Institute, ex-fellow of Institute of Materials; and a member of the Materials Research Society of India (past chairman MRSI Bhopal chapter). His research interest includes polymer and fiber science and technology, polymer nanocomposites, nanofibers, and waste utilization.
Dr Mohammed Fahim is Adhoc Lecturer at the Department of Physics, Zakir Hussain College, University of Delhi, India.
Lecturer, Department of Physics, Zakir Hussain College, University of Delhi, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.