Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Biology of Iron Transport: Ferroportin
2. Transport of transition metals across biological membranes
3. The effect of sport and physical activity on transport proteins: implications for cancer prevention and control
Nicola Luigi Bragazzi
4. Structural rearrangement in polyketide synthase for improvement its bio-physicochemical properties
5. Autophagy Proteins and its Homeostasis in Cellular Environment
6. Expression of Placental Glucose Transporter Proteins in Pregnancies Complicated by Fetal Growth Disorders
Pawel Jan Stanirowski
7. The role of transferrins and other metal transport proteins in neurological diseases
8. ABCG: A new fold of ABC exporters and a whole new bag of riddle!
Rajendra Prasad and Pierre Falson
9. Screening of natural analogues for therapeutic targeting human GABA-A receptor
10. Binding of drugs to serum albumin
Transport Proteins, Volume 123 provides the latest information on the two major groups of transport proteins, those that carry molecules to different locations within a cell or organism and those that carry molecules across otherwise impermeable membranes. Chapters in the updated release include Biology of Iron Transport: Ferroportin, Transport of transition metals across biological membranes, The effect of sport and physical activity on transport proteins: implications for cancer prevention and control, Structural rearrangement in polyketide synthase for improvement its bio-physicochemical properties, Autophagy Proteins and its Homeostasis in Cellular Environment, and much more.
- Integrates experimental and computational methods for studying the structure and function of transport proteins and their implication in drug design
- Contains timely chapters written by well-renowned authorities in their field
- Includes a high number of top quality illustrations, figures and tables, and targets a very wide audience of specialists, researchers and students
Protein chemists, molecular cell biologists, immunologists, structural biologists, computational biochemists, medical doctors, pharmacologists and other researchers working in the field of transport proteins and drug design. Articles published here would also be of a considerable benefit to medical, biology and pharmacology students specializing in this field
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st January 2021
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
Rossen Donev received his PhD degree in 1999 from the Institute of Molecular Biology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. He did postdoctoral training at Imperial Cancer Research Fund, UK (renamed after the merger with Cancer Research Campaign to Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute) and Cardiff University. In 2007 he was awarded a New Investigator Grant Award from the Medical Research Council (UK) to establish himself as an independent Principle Investigator. In 2010 Dr. Donev was appointed Senior Lecturer at Swansea University. In 2016 Dr. Donev joined MicroPharm Ltd (UK) where currently he is Head of Research. He has published more than 60 research papers, chaired scientific meetings and given invited plenary talks. Rossen Donev has consulted on projects related to development of treatments for neurodevelopmental disorders and cancer therapies. He serves as Editor-in-Chief of the Advances in Protein Chemistry and Structural Biology and on editorial board of several other journals. His research interests include signaling pathways involved in neuropsychiatric disorders and tumor escape from the immune system, and development of therapeutic strategies for their treatment. More recently he has focused on development of immunotherapeutics for non-systemic applications.
Swansea University, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.