Covering more than 7,800 organic and inorganic chemicals and hydrocarbons, Transport Properties of Chemical and Hydrocarbons, Second Edition is an essential volume for any chemist or chemical engineer. Spanning gases, liquids, and solids, the book covers all critical properties (including viscosity, thermal conductivity, and diffusion coefficient).
From C1 to C100 organics and Ac to Zr inorganics, the data in this handbook is a perfect quick reference for field, lab, or classroom use. By collecting a massive – but relevant – amount of information in one source, the handbook enables engineers to spend more time developing new designs and processes, and less time collecting vital properties data.
This is not a theoretical treatise, but an aid to the practicing engineer in the field, on day-to-day operations and long-range projects.
- Simplifies research and significantly reduces the amount of time spent collecting properties data
- Compiled by an expert in the field, the book provides engineers with data they can trust
- All critical properties are covered for ease of reference, including viscosity, thermal conductivity, and diffusion coefficient
Chemical and process engineers, chemists, chemical engineering students, and anyone involved in process design, plant operations, R&D, industrial health and safety
- Viscosity of Gas-Organic Compounds
2. Viscosity of Gas-Inorganic Compounds
3. Viscosity of Liquid-Organic Compounds
4. Viscosity of Liquid-Inorganic Compounds
5. Thermal Conductivity of Gas-Organic Compounds
6. Thermal Conductivity of Gas-Inorganic Compounds
7. Thermal Conductivity of Liquid-Organic Compounds
8. Thermal Conductivity of Liquid-Inorganic Compounds
9. Thermal Conductivity of Solid-Inorganic Compounds
10. Diffusion Coefficient in Air-Organic Compounds
11. Diffusion Coefficient in Air-Inorganic Compounds
12. Diffusion Coefficient in Water-Organic Compounds
13. Diffusion Coefficient in Water-Inorganic Compounds
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2015
- 18th June 2014
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Carl L. Yaws, PhD is Professor of chemical engineering (retired) at Lamar University, in Beaumont, Texas. He has industrial experience in process engineering, development, modeling, and design at Exxon, Ethyl, and Texas Instruments. He is the author of 36 books and more than 1000 technical publications (papers, presentations, and chapters in books) in process engineering, property data, and pollution prevention. He is a leading authority on property data of chemical compounds for use by practicing engineers and scientists.
Professor of chemical engineering (retired), Lamar University, Beaumont, TX, USA