Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Durrmeyer Operators and Their Natural Quasi-Interpolants (E. Berdysheva, K. Jetter and J. Stöckler)
2. Three Families of Nonlinear Subdivision Schemes (N. Dyn)
3. Parameterization for Curve Interpolation (M.S. Floater and T. Surazhsky)
4. Refinable Multivariate Spline Functions (T. Goodman and D. Hardin)
5. Adaptive Wavelets for Sparse Representations of Scattered Data (A. Kunoth)
6. Ready-to-Blossom Bases in Chebyshev Spaces (M-L. Mazure)
7. Structural Analysis of Subdivision Surfaces - A Summary (U. Reif and J. Peters)
8. Polynomial Interpolation in Several Variables: Lattices, Differences and Ideals (T. Sauer)
9. Computational Aspects of Radial Basis Function Approximation (H. Wendland)
10. Learning Theory: From Regression to Classification (Q. Wu, Y. Ying and D-X. Zhou)
11. Coherent States from Nonunitary Representations (G. Zimmermann)
This book is a collection of eleven articles, written by leading experts and dealing with special topics in Multivariate Approximation and Interpolation. The material discussed here has far-reaching applications in many areas of Applied Mathematics, such as in Computer Aided Geometric Design, in Mathematical Modelling, in Signal and Image Processing and in Machine Learning, to mention a few. The book aims at giving a comprehensive information leading the reader from the fundamental notions and results of each field to the forefront of research. It is an ideal and up-to-date introduction for graduate students specializing in these topics, and for researchers in universities and in industry.
- A collection of articles of highest scientific standard
- An excellent introduction and overview of recent topics from multivariate approximation
- A valuable source of references for specialists in the field
- A representation of the state-of-the-art in selected areas of multivariate approximation
- A rigorous mathematical introduction to special topics of interdisciplinary research
Researchers, graduate students
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2006
- 15th November 2005
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Universitat Hohenheim, Institut fur Angewandte Mathematik und Statistik, Stuttgart, Germany
Universitaet Giessen, Math. Institut, Germany
Universitaet Duisburg-Essen, Institut f. Mathematik, Germany
Universitaet Goettingen, Inst. F. Numerische und Angewandte Mathematik, Germany
Universitaet Dortmund, Fachbereich Mathematik, Germany
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.