- Durrmeyer Operators and Their Natural Quasi-Interpolants (E. Berdysheva, K. Jetter and J. Stöckler).
- Three Families of Nonlinear Subdivision Schemes (N. Dyn).
- Parameterization for Curve Interpolation (M.S. Floater and T. Surazhsky).
- Refinable Multivariate Spline Functions (T. Goodman and D. Hardin).
- Adaptive Wavelets for Sparse Representations of Scattered Data (A. Kunoth).
- Ready-to-Blossom Bases in Chebyshev Spaces (M-L. Mazure).
- Structural Analysis of Subdivision Surfaces - A Summary (U. Reif and J. Peters).
- Polynomial Interpolation in Several Variables: Lattices, Differences and Ideals (T. Sauer).
- Computational Aspects of Radial Basis Function Approximation (H. Wendland).
- Learning Theory: From Regression to Classification (Q. Wu, Y. Ying and D-X. Zhou).
- Coherent States from Nonunitary Representations (G. Zimmermann). Index.
This book is a collection of eleven articles, written by leading experts and dealing with special topics in Multivariate Approximation and Interpolation. The material discussed here has far-reaching applications in many areas of Applied Mathematics, such as in Computer Aided Geometric Design, in Mathematical Modelling, in Signal and Image Processing and in Machine Learning, to mention a few. The book aims at giving a comprehensive information leading the reader from the fundamental notions and results of each field to the forefront of research. It is an ideal and up-to-date introduction for graduate students specializing in these topics, and for researchers in universities and in industry.
- A collection of articles of highest scientific standard.
- An excellent introduction and overview of recent topics from multivariate approximation.
- A valuable source of references for specialists in the field.
- A representation of the state-of-the-art in selected areas of multivariate approximation.
- A rigorous mathematical introduction to special topics of interdisciplinary research.
Researchers, graduate students.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2006
- 15th November 2005
- Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Universitat Hohenheim, Institut fur Angewandte Mathematik und Statistik, Stuttgart, Germany
Universitaet Giessen, Math. Institut, Germany
Universitaet Duisburg-Essen, Institut f. Mathematik, Germany
Universitaet Goettingen, Inst. F. Numerische und Angewandte Mathematik, Germany
Universitaet Dortmund, Fachbereich Mathematik, Germany