This comprehensive guide on the innovative Tip-Edge appliance introduces the concept of differential tooth movement into what is essentially a straight-wire bracket system. Prepared by a world-renowned expert, the second edition of this highly illustrated atlas explains the Tip-Edge technique from first principles and now includes important advances in the field, in particular the Plus bracket, an innovation which will greatly enhance the use of this rapidly emerging technique. Clearly written with liberal use of case studies, high quality photographs and line artwork, this atlas is ideal for all orthodontists who are interested in expanding their skills to include the Tip-Edge Plus technique.
- Comprehensive illustrated textbook on the use of Tip-Edge by a world leader in its clinical development
- More than 500 illustrations, many in full colour, present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-follow manner
- Explains the demonstrably superior capabilities of Tip Edge and Plus over conventional bracket systems
- Demonstrates the scope of the technique by numerous case histories which show the successful management of more difficult cases that often cannot be addressed by conventional means
- Ideal for practitioners new to the appliance and those familiar with it who need to keep abreast of advances in the field
Introduction. Differential tooth movement. Dynamics of Tip-Edge. Auxiliaries. Treatment stages. Bonding and setting up. Stage 1. Setting up Stage 1. Stage 1 checks. "Power tipping" and the Protraction Arch. Stage 2. Setting up Stage 2. Stage 2 checks. Stage 3: how it works. Stage 3 archwires. Stage 3: setting the torque. Stage 3: threading the deep tunnels. Stage 3: fitting the archwires (and Side-Winders). Stage 3: checks. Precision finishing. The non-compliant patient. In conclusion. Tip-Edge Treatment sequence. Further reading.
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby Ltd. 2009
- 11th November 2008
- Mosby Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Formerly Consultant Orthodontist, Glan Clwyd Hospital, Wales, UK