Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Marcelo Ornaghi Orlandi
Marcelo Ornaghi Orlandi
1. Introduction to Tin Oxide Materials
Marcelo Ornaghi Orlandi
2. The structure and electronic structure of Tin Oxides
Graeme Watson, Ailbhe L. Gavin, Aoife K. Lucid and Julia Savioli
3. Electrical properties of tin oxide materials
Pedro Henrique Suman
4. Optical properties of tin oxide materials
5. Surface and interface electronic properties of tin oxide
Celso Manuel Aldao
6. Health and environment perspective of tin nanocompounds: a safety approach
Jose M. Granjeiro, Rebecca Cruz, Paulo Emilio Leite, Sara Gemini-Piperni, Leonardo Da Cunha Boldrini Sr. and Ana Ribeiro
7. Tin oxide nanomaterilas: active centers and gas sensor properties
Alexander Gaskov, Marina Rumyantseva and Artem Marikutsa
8. Tin oxide thin films
9. Preparation of tin oxide nanoestructures by chemical vapor deposition
Isabel Sayago, Esther Hontañón Sr. and Manuel Aleixandre
10. Tin chalcogenides and nanocomposites
Xiaogan Li and Ding Gu
11. Tin oxide-based varistors
Paulo Roberto Bueno Sr.
12. Application of tin oxide in sensing devices
Nicolae Barsan, Anna Staerz, Takuya Suzuki and Udo Weimar
13. The use of tin oxide in fuel cells
Paul Inge Dahl, Alejandro Oyarce Barnett, Francisco Alcaide Monterrubio and Luis Cesar Colmenares Rausseo
14. Tin oxide based electrodes in Li-batteries
15. Tin oxide based thin film transistors
16. Electrolyte Gated Transistors using Tin oxide
Clara Santato, Fabio Cicoira, Irina Valitova and Xiang Meng
17. Tin oxide based electrochomics
Ling Bing Kong
18. Application of tin oxide based materials in catalysis
Ganapti V. Shanbhag and Pandian Manjunathan
19. Photocatalysis and Hydrogen Production from Water Solution
Naoto Umezawa, Wei Zhou, Junjie Wang, Toyokazu Tanabe and Hideki Abe
20. Transparent and conductive applications of tin oxide
Ruidi Li, Fangsheng Mei and Tiechui Yuan
21. Biological studies with Tin oxide materials
Tin Oxide Materials: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications discusses the latest in metal oxides, an emerging area in electronic materials. As more is learned about this important materials system, more functionalities and applications have been revealed. This key reference on the topic covers important material that is ideal for materials scientists, materials engineers and materials chemists who have been introduced to metal oxides as a general category of materials, but want to take the next step and learn more about a specific material.
- Provides a complete resource on tin oxide materials systems, including in-depth discussions of properties, their synthesis, modelling methods, and applications
- Presents information on the well-investigated SnO2, but also includes discussions on its emerging stoichiometries, such as SnO and Sn3O4
- Includes the most relevant applications in varistors, sensing devices, fuel cells, transistors, biological studies, and much more
Materials scientists, materials chemists, materials engineers, electrical engineers, chemists, physicists
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 1st October 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Ghenadii Korotcenkov received his Ph.D. in Physics and Technology of Semiconductor Materials and Devices in 1976, and his Doctor Habilitate Degree in Physics and Mathematics of Semiconductors and Dielectrics in 1990. Long time he was a leader of scientific Gas Sensor Group and manager of various national and international scientific and engineering projects carried out in Laboratory of Micro- and Optoelectronics, Technical University of Moldova, supported from International Foundations and Programs such as CRDF, MRDA, IREX, ICTP, INTAS, INCO-COPERNICUS, COST, NATO. From 2007 to 2008, he was an invited scientist in Korean Institute of Energy Research, Daejeon, South Korea. Then, until the end of 2017 Dr. G. Korotcenkov was a research professor at the School of Materials Science and Engineering at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, South Korea. Currently Dr. G. Korotcenkov is the research professor at the Department of Physics and Engineering at the Moldova State University, Chisinau, the Rep. of Moldova. Specialists from Former Soviet Union know G. Korotcenkov’s research results in the field of study of Schottky barriers, MOS structures, native oxides, and photoreceivers on the base of III-Vs compounds very well. His current research interests include material sciences focused on metal oxides, surface science, and the design of thin film gas sensors and thermoelectric convertors. Dr. G. Korotcenkov is either the author or editor of 39 books, published by Momentum Press, CRC Press, Springer (USA) and Harbin Institute of Technology Press (China). He is the author and coauthor of more than 600 scientific publications, including 30 review papers, 38 book chapters, and more than 200 articles published in peer-reviewed scientific journals (h-factor = 42 [Scopus] and h-factor = 51 [Google Scholar citation]). Besides, Dr. G. Korotcenkov is a holder of 17 patents. He has presented more than 250 reports at national and international conferences, including 17 invited talks. Dr. G. Korotcenkov was co-organizer of more than 10 international scientific conferences. Research activities of Dr. G. Korotcenkov are honored by the Prize of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova (2019), an Award of the Supreme Council of Science and Advanced Technology of the Republic of Moldova (2004); Prize of the Presidents of the Ukrainian, Belarus, and Moldovan Academies of Sciences (2003); and National Youth Prize of the Republic of Moldova in the field of science and technology (1980), among others.
Department of Physics and Engineering, Moldova State University, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Dr. Orlandi received his PhD in Materials Science and Engineering at the Federal Unviersity of São Carlos in Brazil in 2005 studying nanostructures based on SnO2. He was a Visiting Scientist at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for the years 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2015. He is now the head of the Electron Microscopy Center of the Chemistry Institute of Araraquara and Associate Professor at the Chemistry Institute at São Paulo State University. His main research focus is ceramic materials, studying the growth mechanism and properties of semiconductors.
Associate Professor, Sao Paulo State University, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.