Table of Contents
- Principles of quantum mechanics
- Approximate methods of quantum mechanics
- Angular momentum
- Tensor properties
- Molecular symmetry.
Macroscopic magnetic properties.
- Thermodynamic relationships
- Alternating fields
- Demagnetisation correction
- Overview of magnetic susceptibilities
- Statistical thermodynamics.
Microscopic magnetic properties.
- Electromagnetic potential
- The Schrödinger equation in a magnetic field
- Inclusion of the electron spin
- Inclusion of the nuclear spin
- Inclusion of the electron and nuclear spins
- The effect of nuclear structure.
Quantisation of relativistic Hamilton function
- The Dirac equation for a free electron
- The Dirac equation for an electron in the electromagnetic field
- Approximate solution of the Dirac equation
- Relativistic one-electon Hamiltonian terms
- Relativistic two-electron Hamiltonian terms
- The magnetogyric factor for the electron
- Molecular Hamiltonian terms.
Evaluation of magnetic parameters.
- Magnetic susceptibility
- The g-tensor
- The D-tensor.
Temperature dependence of magnetic susceptibility.
- Numerical aspects
- Optimisation algorithms
- Fitting the magnetic susceptibility. Summary. References.
Types of magnetic materials.
- Cooperative ordering.
Single magnetic centres.
- Crystal field theory
- Magnetic properties of free ions
- Zero-field splitting
- Orbital angular momentum contribution
- Other interactions in mononuclear systems. Summary. References.
Spin crossover systems.
Identification of spin transition
- Models of spin transition
- Properties of spin crossover systems.
- Isotropic exchange in dinuclear systems
- Non-isotropic exchange in dinuclear systems
- Other interactions in dinuclear systems.
- Trinuclear clusters
- Tetranuclear clusters
- Chain systems
- Double exchange. Summary. References.
Units and important definitions
- Angular momentum matrices
- Special Formulae
- Pascal constants for diamagnetic susceptibility
-Program for 3j, 6j, and 9j-symbols
- Program for low-spin to high-spin conversion.
- No. of pages: 873
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1999
- Published: September 29, 1999
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080542713
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444502292
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Theoretical Foundations of Molecular Magnetism"