- Parasite versus host
- The conflict: how we defend ourselves
- The microbe's response to our defence
- How microbes cause diseas
- Thumbnail sketches of seven selected diseases:
- The threat of new diseases
Table of Contents
- The Parasite Versus the Host:
How We Defend Ourselves:
Surfaces Barriers and the Early Defences.
Chinks in the Armour: Things That Go Wrong With Our Defences.
The Microbe's Response to Our Defence:
Breaching the Early Defences.
How to Evade Immune Defences.
From Residents to Big Killers.
How Microbes Cause Disease.
Thumbnail Sketches of Seven Selected Diseases.
What the Future Holds:
The Threat of New Diseases.
Our Answers to Infectious Diseases.
- No. of pages: 288
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2000
- Published: June 19, 2000
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080542676
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The War Within Us"