· Ideal for researchers and engineers dealing with mechanical drives, gears and manufacturing
· The first single volume text in this diverse field
Table of Contents
- 1.Introduction; history of worm driving: list of symbols 2.Literature review;
3.Production geometry of helicoidal surfaces having constant pitch; Production development of worm gears having arched profile: General kinematic and mathematical model and examination of production geometry of helicoid surfaces having constant pitch: Geometrical analysis of hobs used for manufacture of ring gears mating with cylindrical or conical worms. 4.General form of mathematical modelling required. 5.Grinding wheel dressing required; Equipment based on mechanical principle: General CNC operated equipment.
6.Inspection and measurement
7. Production of helicoid surfaces in intelligent systems; Production of helicoid surfaces: Intelligent automation design and production of worm gears: Measurement and inspection: Universal thread grinding machine.
8.Main featutures of worm gearing for powertransmission; Examination of mating in driving pairs: Main industrial features: Noise level in power transmission
9. Selection of appropriate worm gearing
- No. of pages: 350
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Butterworth-Heinemann 2000
- Published: May 1, 2000
- Imprint: Butterworth-Heinemann
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781857180275
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The Theory and Practice of Worm Gear Drives"