* Numerous conceptual and numerical examples
*All the latest standards are thoroughly covered: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 and AVC.
* Coverage of the latest techniques in video security
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Video Processing; Video Sampling and Interpolation; Motion Detection and Estimation; Video Enhancement and Restoration; Video Stabilization and Mosaicing; Video Segmentation; Motion Tracking in Video; Basic Transform Video Coding; MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 Video Standards; MPEG-4 Visual and H.264/AVC: Standards for Modern Digital Video; Interframe Subband/ Wavelet Scalable Video Coding; Digital Video Transcoding; Embedded Video Codecs; Video Quality Assessment; A Unified Framework for Video Indexing, Summarization, Browsing and Retrieval; Video Communication Networks; Video Security and Protection; Wireless Video Streaming; Video Surveillance; Face Recognition from Video; Audio-Visual Speech Processing
- No. of pages: 778
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2009
- Published: May 27, 2009
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080922508
- Paperback ISBN: 9780123744562
About the Author
Dr. Bovik is a recipient of the IEEE Signal Processing Society Meritorious Service Award (1998), and is a two-time Honorable Mention winner of the international Pattern Recognition Society Award. He is a fellow of the IEEE, is the Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, serves on many other boards and panels, and was the Founding General Chairman of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, which was first held in Austin, Texas in 1994.
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The Essential Guide to Video Processing"