Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The Era of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science in the Pharmaceutical Industry examines the drug discovery process, assessing how new technologies have improved effectiveness. Artificial intelligence and machine learning are considered the future for a wide range of disciplines and industries, including the pharmaceutical industry. In an environment where producing a single approved drug costs millions and takes many years of rigorous testing prior to its approval, reducing costs and time is of high interest. This book follows the journey that a drug company takes when producing a therapeutic, from the very beginning to ultimately benefitting a patient’s life.
This comprehensive resource will be useful to those working in the pharmaceutical industry, but will also be of interest to anyone doing research in chemical biology, computational chemistry, medicinal chemistry and bioinformatics.
- Demonstrates how the prediction of toxic effects is performed, how to reduce costs in testing compounds, and its use in animal research
- Written by the industrial teams who are conducting the work, showcasing how the technology has improved and where it should be further improved
- Targets materials for a better understanding of techniques from different disciplines, thus creating a complete guide
Academic and industrial researchers interested in drug discovery, chemical biology, computational chemistry, medicinal chemistry, and bioinformatics
- Drug discovery in the era of AI and ML
2. The druggable targets (target identification and validation)
3. Finding the sweet spot of compound properties – (lead identification – lead optimisation) - Compounds, Chemistry and Cheminformatics
4. Drug safety and predicting toxicology
5. Image analytics
6. Biology and Bioinformatics
7. Bayesian Approaches to problem solving
8. Natural Language Processing
9. Case studies
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st March 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Ashenden is Senior Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Data Scientist at AstraZeneca, working in the Discovery Sciences, IMed-Biotech Unit. She received her PhD in 2018 from the Department of Chemistry, Cambridge University. Dr. Ashenden has three publications, but in very high impact resources (Methods in Enzymology, Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, and Journal of Medicinal Chemistry). Dr. Ashenden is a very early career researcher, but has an extensive research network, academic and industrial experience, and a drive to conduct and report high quality research. She will be working with more experienced researchers on the project to help guide and offer experience.
Senior Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Data Scientist, AstraZeneca
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.