Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The Engineer’s Guide to Plant Layout and Piping Design for the Oil and Gas Industries gives pipeline engineers and plant managers a critical real-world reference to design, manage, and implement safe and effective plants and piping systems for today’s operations. This book fills a training void with complete and practical understanding of the requirements and procedures for producing a safe, economical, operable and maintainable process facility. Easy to understand for the novice, this guide includes critical standards, newer designs, practical checklists and rules of thumb.
Due to a lack of structured training in academic and technical institutions, engineers and pipe designers today may understand various computer software programs but lack the fundamental understanding and implementation of how to lay out process plants and run piping correctly in the oil and gas industry. Starting with basic terms, codes and basis for selection, the book focuses on each piece of equipment, such as pumps, towers, underground piping, pipe sizes and supports, then goes on to cover piping stress analysis and the daily needed calculations to use on the job.
- Delivers a practical guide to pipe supports, structures and hangers available in one go-to source
- Includes information on stress analysis basics, quick checks, pipe sizing and pressure drop
- Ensures compliance with the latest piping and plant layout codes and complies with worldwide risk management legislation and HSE
- Focuses on each piece of equipment, such as pumps, towers, underground piping, pipe sizes and supports
- Covers piping stress analysis and the daily needed calculations to use on the job
Piping Designers, piping managers, project managers, plant managers
- Engineers and Designers - Career Paths
2. Piping Materials - Process Terms and Piping Codes
3. Fundamentals of Plant Layout Design - Plot Plans
4. Piping and Equipment Basis for Selection
5. Vessels and Drums
12. Piperacks and Structures
13. Underground Piping
15. Storage Tanks
16. Utility Stations, Steam, and Condensate Piping
17. Pipe Supports - Selection, Anchors, Guides, and Restraints
18. Pipe Sizing and Pressure Drop Calculations
19. Piping Stress Analysis and Layout of Hot Piping
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2018
- 25th November 2017
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Geoff Barker is a Professional Engineer and Principal Consultant at Independent Oil and Gas Consultants in the USA and United KIngdom. He received his Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering from Leeds Polytechnic Institute in the United Kingdom. He also studied at the George Brown College of Applied Arts and Technology in Toronto, Canada, where he received qualifications in Process Plant Piping Design and Calculation. Continuing his education, he studied Natural Gas Processing and Gas Plant Operations at The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology in Canada. Geoff also received accreditation from ASME in ASME B31.3 Process Piping Design, ASME BPV Code, Section V111, Division 1, and API 579-1/ASME FFS-1 Fitness for Service. He has more than 40 years of industrial and consultancy experience in the oil and gas onshore and offshore industries, as well as petrochemical, mining, pharmaceutical and food processing industries. Geoff has held engineering, supervisory and management positions at various companies including Fluor BV, CBI, MW Kellogg, Brown and Root, Bechel, Technip, Kvaerner, Aker Engineering, Shell, Exxon, and Wood Group. He has served as a consultant to numerous EPC, engineering and industrial companies as well as professional organizations worldwide. Geoff is a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, The Energy Institute (UK and USA), and a former member of The Institution of Plant Engineers (UK), The Society of Operations Engineers (UK), and The Institute of Mechanical Incorporated Engineers (The Institute of Engineering Technology-UK).
Professional Engineer and Principal Consultant, Independent Oil and Gas Consultants, USA