The Dosimetry of Ionizing Radiation, Volume II, attempts to fill the need for updated reference material on the field of radiation dosimetry. This book presents some broad topics in dosimetry and a variety of radiation dosimetry instrumentation and its application.
The book opens with a chapter that extends and applies the concepts of microdosimetry to biological systems. This is followed by separate chapters on the state-of-the-art equipment and techniques used to determine neutron spectra; studies to determine recombination effects in ionization chambers exposed to high-intensity pulsed radiation; advances in water and polystyrene calorimetry; and beta-photon dosimetry for radiation protection.
This book is clearly a valuable collection of work by outstanding authorities in their individual fields. It has an international flavor, with authors from England, Canada, and the United States. The quality of the work is equal to the best of what has been published in the past.
- Relationship of Microdosimetric Techniques to Applications in Biological Systems I. Introduction II. Qualitative Comparison of Main Approaches to Microdosimetry IIΙ. Linear Energy Transfer IV. Proportional Counter Microdosimetry V. Track Profiles and Track Entities VI. Track Structure Simulation VII. Microdosimetry of Intemal Radionuclides References
- Neutron Spectroscopy I. Introduction II. General Characteristics of Spectrometers ΙII. Description of Spectrometers IV. Neutron Spectrum Unfolding Methods V. Calibration of Spectrometers VI. Characteristic Neutron Spectra and Their Measurement VII. Future Prospects References
- Ionization Chambers I. Introduction II. Basic Principles of Small-Cavity Chambers III. Charge Collection in an Ionization Chamber IV. General Design Considerations V. Special Types of Ionization Chambers References
- Advances in Calorimetry for Radiation Dosimetry I. Introduction II. Basics III. Operational Efficiency IV. NBS Absorbed Dose Graphite Calorimeter V. A-150 Plastic Calorimeter VI. Absorbed Dose Water Calorimeter VII. Polystyrene-Water Calorimeter VIII. Total Absorption Calorimetry IX. Trends References
- External Beta-Photon Dosimetry for Radiation Protection I. Introduction II. Selection of Dosimeters III. Evaluation of the Occupational Radiation Environment IV. Types of Dosimeters V. From Dosimeter to Personnel Dose VI. Calibration and Standardization References Index
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1987
- 6th May 1987
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: