The Dissection of Vertebrates covers several vertebrates commonly used in providing a transitional sequence in morphology. With illustrations on seven vertebrates – lamprey, shark, perch, mudpuppy, frog, cat, pigeon – this is the first book of its kind to include high-quality, digitally rendered illustrations.
This book received the Award of Excellence in an Illustrated Medical Book from the Association of Medical Illustrators. It is organized by individual organism to facilitate classroom presentation.
This illustrated, full-color primary dissection manual is ideal for use by students or practitioners working with vertebrate anatomy. This book is also recommended for researchers in vertebrate and functional morphology and comparative anatomy. The result of this exceptional work offers the most comprehensive treatment than has ever before been available.
- Received the Award of Excellence in an Illustrated Medical Book from the Association of Medical Illustrators
- Expertly rendered award-winning illustrations accompany the detailed, clear dissection direction
- Organized by individual organism to facilitate classroom presentation
- Offers coverage of a wide range of vertebrates
- Full-color, strong pedagogical aids in a convenient lay-flat presentation
Undergraduate and graduate students, practitioners of vertebrate morphology, comparative anatomy and paleontology.
Preface Introduction Ch. 1 The Craniata and Vertebrata Ch. 2 Systems of the Vertebrate Body Ch. 3 Lamprey Ch. 4 Shark Ch. 5 Perch Ch. 6 Mudpuppy Ch. 7 Frog Ch. 8 Cat Ch. 9 Pigeon
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2007
- 3rd August 2006
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Certified Medical Illustrator, Maple, Ontario, Canada