Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The Auditory System in Sleep, Second Edition presents a view of a sensory system working in a different state, that of the sleeping brain. This updated edition contains new chapters on topics such as implanted deaf patients and sleep and tinnitus treatments. It is written for basic auditory system and sleep researchers, as well as practitioners and clinicians in the Auditory/Sensory Neurosciences and Sleep Medicine. As the auditory system is always “open”, thus receiving information from the environment and the body itself (conscious and unconscious data), the incoming sensory information may alter sleep and waking physiology, and conversely, the sleeping brain.
This book draws information from evoked potentials, fMRI, PET, SPECT, lesions, and more.
- Contains new chapters on topics such as implanted deaf patients and sleep and tinnitus treatments during sleep
- Written for researchers and clinical practitioners in the auditory sciences, sleep medicine and sensory neuroscience
Researchers and clinical practitioners in the auditory sciences, sleep medicine, and sensory neuroscience
1. Brief analysis of the auditory system organization and its physiologic basis
2. The Physiologic Basis of Sleep
3. Notes on Information Processing
4. Auditory Information Processing during Sleep
5. Auditory Unit Activity in Sleep
6. Auditory Influences on Sleep
7. Tinnitus treatment during sleep
8. Other sensory modalities in sleep
9. Final Conclusions
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 25th April 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Velluti is a Free Professor at the Faculty of Medicine at U. ClAEH in Uruguay. He was previously a Professor of Physiology & Chairman of the Physiology Department, Universidad de la Republica, Montevideo, Uruguay. He has published over 63 publications and has authored two books dealing with sleep, the auditory system, and neurophysiology.
Honorary Professor, Laboratorio de Sueno, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad CLAHE, Punta del Este, Uruguay
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.