Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Introduction. Building Procedural Textures. Practical Methods for Texture Design. Procedural Modeling of Gases. Animating Solid Spaces. Noise, Hypertexture, Antialiasing, Gesture. A Brief Introduction to Fractals. Fractal Solid Textures. Procedural Fractal Terrains.
Congratulations to Ken Perlin for his 1997 Technical Achievement Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science Board of Governors, given in recognition of the development of "Turbulence", Perlin Noise, a technique discussed in this book which is used to produce natural appearing textures on computer-generated surfaces for motion picture visual effects. Dr. Perlin joins Darwyn Peachey (co-developer of RenderMan(R), also discussed in the book) in being honored with this prestigious award.
- Written at a usable level by the developers of the techniques
- Serves as a source book for those writing rendering systems, shaders, and animations.
- Discusses the design and implementation of noise functions.
- Contains procedural modeling of gases, hypertextures, mountains, and landscapes.
- Provides a toolbox of specific procedures and basic primitive functions for producing realistic images.
- Procedures are presented in C code segments or in Renderman shading language.
- 3.5" disk contains the code from within the book for easy implementation
Computer graphics programmers, software developers, multimedia designers, students, researchers, and others interested in graphics programming.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1994
- 30th September 1994
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.