The Textbook of Interdisciplinary Pediatric Palliative Care, by Drs. Joanne Wolfe, Pamela Hinds, and Barbara Sourkes, aims to inform interdisciplinary teams about palliative care of children with life-threatening illness. It addresses critical domains such as language and communication, symptoms and quality of life, and the spectrum of life-threatening illnesses in great depth. This comprehensive product takes a first-of-its-kind team approach to the unique needs of critically ill children. It shows how a collaborative, interdisciplinary care strategy benefits patients and their families. If you deal with the complex care of critically ill children, this reference provides a uniquely integrated perspective on complete and effective care.
- Respect interdisciplinary perspectives, and provide the most comprehensive care.
- Use an integrated approach to address the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of children and their families.
- Understand and heed your strengths and vulnerabilities in order to provide the best care for your patients.
- Recognize the necessity of linking hospital-based palliative care with community resources.
- Implement consistent terminology for use by the entire palliative care team.
- Access the full text online with regular updates and supplemental text and image resources.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2011
- 26th January 2011
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Director, Pediatric Advanced Care Team (PACT), Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Director, Nursing Research, St. Jude's Children's Hospital; Adjunct Professor, University of Tennessee College of Nursing, Memphis, TN
Kriewall-Haehl Director, Palliative Care Program, Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, Palo Alto, CA, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.