Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Technology in Supply Chain Management and Logistics: Current Practice and Future Applications analyzes the implications of these technologies in a variety of supply chain settings, including block chain, Internet of Things (IoT), inventory optimization, and medical supply chain. This book outlines how technologies are being utilized for product planning, materials management and inventory, transportation and distribution, workflow, maintenance, the environment, and in health and safety. Readers will gain a better understanding of the implications of these technologies with respect to value creation, operational effectiveness, investment level, technical migration and general industry acceptance.
In addition, the book features case studies, providing a real-world look at supply chain technology implementations, their necessary training requirements, and how these new technologies integrate with existing business technologies.
- Identifies emerging supply chain technologies and trends in technology acceptance and utilization levels across various industry sectors
- Assists professionals with technology investment decisions, procurement, best values, and how they can be utilized for logistics operations
- Features videos showing technology application, including optimization software, cloud computing, mobility, 3D printing, autonomous vehicles, drones and machine learning
Academic researchers and graduate students in transportation modeling, supply chains, planning and systems. Transportation practitioners involved in planning, feasibility studies, consultation and policy for transportation systems, logistics, or infrastructure. Transportation public officials such as city managers, policy directors, etc
- Introduction - About this Book
2. Technologies in Supply Chain Management and Logistics
3. Case Studies of Supply Chain Technology Implementation
4. An Evaluation of the Impact of Exponential Technologies on Global Supply Chain Management
5. Technologies and methods for dynamically managing the negative financial impact of error and variability
6. Emerging Technologies in the Health Care Supply Chain
7. Unlocking Digital Innovation: Guiding Principles for Driving Digital Technology in the Supply Chain
8. Technology in Supply Chain Management and Logistics: What Does the Future Hold?
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 6th September 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Anthony M. Pagano, Ph.D. is Director of the Center for Supply Chain Management and Logistics www.supply-chain.uic.edu at the University of Illinois at Chicago. The author or coauthor of over 150 books, articles, technical reports, and papers presented at professional meetings. In 2006, he served as President of the Transportation Research Forum, which is one of the oldest transportation professional organizations in the US. He also was the co-founder and Co-General Editor of the Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, which publishes articles of interest to academics, policy makers and practitioners.
Director, Center for Supply Chain Management and Logistics, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA
Matthew Liotine, Ph.D. is a professor in Information and Decision Sciences in the College of Business Administration at the University of Illinois at Chicago, where he teaches and does research in the field of operations management, supply science and analytics. He is also Vice President of BLR Research, a management consulting firm that advises enterprises in the areas of strategic planning, operations improvement and technology innovation.
Information and Decision Sciences, College of Business Administration, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA