- A focus on essential physics and instrumentation provides the exact technical content you need to prepare for clinical sonography practice.
- Accessible, conversational writing style with real-world analogies explains physics concepts and makes this difficult topic less intimidating.
- Examples and sample problems help you make the connection between theory and practical applications.
- The latest information on equipment and scanning methods ensures an understanding of how to competently and safely use ultrasound instrumentation.
- Comprehensive discussion of image artifacts with illustrative examples helps you recognize and eliminate artifacts.
- Detailed description of performance testing with tissue mimicking phantoms allows assessment of the proper operation of B-mode scanners.
- Practical guidance on the clinical use of mechanical index and thermal index enables practice of the ALARA principle when scanning patients.
- Full-color format shows scans as they appear in the clinical setting.
- Key terms and other learner-friendly features focus your study on important information.
- Summaries of essential principles and equations reinforce the most important concepts.
- Extensive review questions on a companion Evolve website allow realistic assessment of your knowledge.
1. Properties of Sound Waves
2. Interactions of Ultrasound with Tissue
4. Single Element Transducers: Properties
5. Single Element Transducers: Transmission and Echo Reception
6. Static Imaging
7. Image Formation in Real-Time Ultrasound
8. Real-Time Ultrasound Transducers
9. Real-Time Ultrasound Instrumentation
10. Digital Signal and Image Processing
11. Image Quality in Real-Time Ultrasound
12. Real-Time Image Artifacts
13. Doppler Physics and Instrumentation
14. Pulsed-Wave Doppler Spectral Analysis
15. Doppler Imaging
17. Clinical Safety
18. Performance Testing