Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Technology and Adolescent Health: In Schools and Beyond discusses how today's adolescents are digital natives, using technology at home and in school to access information, for entertainment, to socialize and do schoolwork. This book summarizes research on how technology use impacts adolescent mental health, sleep, physical activity and eating habits. In addition, it identifies monitoring and screening technology-based tools for use with adolescents.
- Summarizes the effects of digital technology use on adolescent mental health
- Advises on best practices for adolescent technology use in home and schools
- Identifies digital tools to monitor adolescent health
- Includes effects on sleep, addiction, socialization, eating and exercise habits
- Provides both the positive and negative consequences of technology use
Researchers in clinical, developmental, and applied psychology, clinical practitioners, school psychologists
- Adolescent development and schooling in the digital age
Philip Kreniske, Esther Spindler and John Santelli
2. Current trends in digital media: How and why teens use technology
Yolanda (Linda) Reid Chassiakos, Margaret Stager
3. When adolescent offline risks behaviors go online
Scottye J. Cash and Laura Schwab-Reese
4. Learning behaviors and school engagement: opportunities and challenges with technology in the classroom
Sharon L. Lo and Alison L. Miller
5. Health information and healthcare seeking online
Francesco Leanza and Rahima Alani
6. Using digital health technology to support prevention and management of chronic disease among adolescents
Elizabeth A. Mann, Gail S. Allen and Michelle M. Kelly
7. Technology and eating behaviors in adolescents
Yolanda Evans and Lauren Kelly
8. The influence of technology on physical activity in adolescents
Stephanie MacDonald, Katherine Rizzone, Sarah Vengal
9. Adolescent sexual and reproductive health: digital technology risks and opportunities
Sheana Bull, Sharon Devine, Judith C. Shlay, Andrew Hammes and Sarah J. Schmiege
10. Technology and sleep
Maida Lynn Chen, Michelle M. Garrison
11. Transportation, technology, and adolescent health
Ajay Paul Singh, Simarjeet Puri and Nithin Charlly
12. Adolescent Mental Health Challenges in the Digital World
Linda Charmaraman, Olaide Sode, David Bickham
13. Mental health benefits and opportunities
Jessica L. Hamilton, Robert W.S. Coulter and Ana Radovic
14. Digital tools that promote or alleviate interpersonal violence
Victoria Adkins and Ellen Selkie
15. The impact of digital media use on the musculoskeletal and visual systems
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 20th March 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Moreno is the Principal Investigator of the Social Media and Adolescent Health Research Team (SMAHRT). The mission of SMAHRT is to advance society’s understanding of the relationships between media and adolescents towards educating adolescents, providing better care, and developing innovations in adolescent health.
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin, USA
Dr. Hoopes is a pediatric and adolescent medicine physician who provides care for adolescent and young adult patients needing sexual and reproductive health services, gender-affirming medical treatment, and mental health care in the context of medical complexity. She has participated in research to improve school- and community-based health education and services for adolescents, both in the United States and in low-resource settings globally.
The Adolescent Center, Kaiser Permanente Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.