Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Systems Architecture Modeling with the Arcadia Method is an illustrative guide for the understanding and implementation of model-based systems and architecture engineering with the Arcadia method, using Capella, a new open-source solution.
More than just another systems modeling tool, Capella is a comprehensive and extensible Eclipse application that has been successfully deployed in a wide variety of industrial contexts. Based on a graphical modeling workbench, it provides systems architects with rich methodological guidance using the Arcadia method and modeling language. Intuitive model editing and advanced viewing capabilities improve modeling quality and productivity, and help engineers focus on the design of the system and its architecture.
This book is the first to help readers discover the richness of the Capella solution.
- Describes the tooled implementation of the Arcadia method
- Highlights the toolset widely deployed on operational projects in all Thales domains worldwide (defense, aerospace, transportation, etc.)
- Emphasizes the author’s pedagogical experience on the methods and the tools gained through conducting more than 80 training sessions for a thousand engineers at Thales University
- Examines the emergence of an ecosystem of organizations, including industries that would drive the Capella roadmap according to operational needs, service and technology suppliers who would develop their business around the solution, and academics who would pave the future of the engineering ecosystem
Industry practitioners (systems engineers, system architects, etc.) Tool editors and vendors
1. Reminders for the Arcadia Method
2. Capella: A System Modeling Solution
3. Complete Example of Modeling with Capella: Operational Analysis
4. Complete Example of Modeling with Capella: System Analysis
5. Complete Example of Modeling with Capella: Logical Architecture
6. Complete Example of Modeling with Capella: Physical Architecture
7. Complete Example of Modeling with Capella: EPBS
- No. of pages:
- © ISTE Press - Elsevier 2018
- 22nd November 2017
- ISTE Press - Elsevier
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Pascal Roques is a Senior Consultant and researcher who has been modeling for more than 25 years in various industrial domains, with SADT, OMT and UML, and is now focusing on Model-Based Systems Engineering with SysML and Arcadia/Capella.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.