- Compiled expertise of food sector specialists with extensive industrial experience.
- Edited by an industry and academic expert with over 25 years experience of technical and quality management in the food sector.
- Contains Technical and Quality Management information that is relevant to a wide range of sectors in the food industry.
- Also examines Technical and Quality Management practice in specific food applications and reviews relevant compliance standards.
Technical and Quality Managers and those in "Technical Function" roles working to assure Product Safety, Quality and Legality across the food industry; Undergraduate/postgraduate/postdoctoral food industry-based/focused students; Academics, Auditors, Food System Managers, Government Officials and other food manufacturing sector stakeholders with operational and research interests in this subject area.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Mark Swainson
1. Food Sector Challenges and the Role of Technical and Quality Management
2. Defining Technical and Quality Standards
3. The Food Safety and Quality Management System
4. Raw Materials and Packaging Supplier Control
5. Site Standards
6. Product Control and HACCP Considerations
7. Operations and Process Control
8. Personnel Control
10. Non-Conformance, Recall and Crisis Management
11. Managing the Technical Department
Part 2: Guest Chapters
12. Hygiene Management
13. Third party audit schemes
14. Supplying supermarkets: good technical and quality management practices
15. Enforcement authority perspective on the food manufacturing sector (UK EHO)
16. Fruit and vegetables
17. Herbs and spices
19. Baked products
21. "Cook – Chill" Ready Meals, Soups and Sauces
- No. of pages: 606
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- Published: November 15, 2018
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781782422754
- eBook ISBN: 9781782422877
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
(Total rating for all reviews)
ElizabethDriscoll Mon Jan 27 2020
Swainson’s Handbook of Technical and
Swainson’s Handbook of Technical and Quality Management for the Food Manufacturing Sector