Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Section A: Sustainability methodology
1. Current tools and methodology for a sustainable product life cycle and design
2. Additive manufacturing for a dematerialised economy
Section B: Sustainability in manufacturing
3. Sustainable friction stir welding of metals
4. Heat pipe-embedded tooling for sustainable manufacturing
5. Sustainable manufacturing of plastic packaging material: An innovative approach
Section C: Sustainability in product design
6. Performance of microwave-irradiated WC-Co insert during dry machining of inconel 718 superalloys
7. Experimental studies on friction stir welding of AA6061 aluminum alloy
8. Machinability study of Inconel 825 superalloy under nanofluid MQL: application of sunflower oil as base cutting fluid with MWCNTs and nano-Al2O3 as additives
Section D: Optimization
9. Performance enhancement approaches for Mahua biodiesel blend on diesel engine
10. Optimization of wear parameters of aluminium hybrid metal matrix composites by squeeze casting using Taguchi and artificial neural network
Sustainable Manufacturing and Design draws together research and practices from a wide range of disciplines to help engineers design more environmentally sustainable products. Sustainable manufacturing requires that the entire manufacturing enterprise adopts sustainability goals at a system-level in decision-making, hence the scope of this book covers a wide range of viewpoints in response. Advice on recyclability, zero landfill design, sustainable quality systems, and product take-back issues make this a highly usable guide to the challenges facing engineering designers today. Contributions from around the globe are included, helping to form an international view of an issue that requires a global response.
- Addresses methods to reduce energy and material waste through manufacturing design
- Helps to troubleshoot manufacturability problems that can arise in sustainable design
- Includes coverage of the legislative, cultural and social impacts of sustainable manufacturing, promoting a holistic view of the subject
Graduate students and researchers in mechanical, manufacturing, electronic, production and industrial engineering who have an interest in manufacturing and sustainability
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 8th January 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Kaushik Kumar is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, India. He has 14 years of experience in teaching and research, and over 11 years of industrial experience working for a global manufacturing company. He has 9 patents, has authored/edited 20 books and has 120 international journal publications, and 18 International and 8 National Conference publications to his credit.
Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, India
Divya Zindani, is presently pursuing his Ph.D. at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Silchar. He has over 2 years of Industrial experience. His areas of research interest are optimization, product and process design, CAD/CAM/CAE and rapid prototyping. He has 1 Patent, 6 Books, 1 Edited Book, 14 Book Chapters, and 8 international journal publications to his credit.
Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Silchar, India
J. Paulo Davim is a Full Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Portugal. He has more than 30 years of teaching and research experience in manufacturing, materials, and mechanical engineering. He also has an interest in management, engineering education, and higher education for sustainability. He has worked as an evaluator of projects for the ERC-European Research Council and other international research agencies as well as an examiner of PhD thesis for many universities in different countries. In addition, he has edited/co-edited more than 150 books and authored/co-authored more than 15 books, 100 book chapters, and 500 articles for journals and conferences. He is the Series Editor of Elsevier’s 'Woodhead Publishing Reviews: Mechanical Engineering Series'.
Full Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.