- Plan a Learning Strategy section helps you study more effectively by showing how to tailor your learning activities to suit your learning style.
- Part 2: Maps, Charts, and Shortcuts breaks the subject of A&P into six sections, so you can quickly find the information you need in an easy-to-read and understand format.
- Mnemonic devices and memorable analogies help you remember A&P concepts with ease.
- Specific test-taking strategies help you prepare for and pass exams.
- Instructions on how to read your A&P textbook lead to greater comprehension.
- Dozens of tables make it easy to access the A&P facts you need to remember on the skeletal system, muscles, nerves, circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems, and more.
Survival Skill 1: Have a Winning Attitude
Survival Skill 2: Know Your Learning Style
Survival Skill 3: Know the Language
Survival Skill 4: Plan a Learning Strategy
Survival Skill 5: Arrange a Suitable Study Area
Survival Skill 6: Plan a Reading Strategy
Survival Skill 7: Analyze Your Note-Taking Skills
Survival Skill 8: Study Actively
Survival Skill 9: Use All Your Resources
Survival Skill 10: Prepare for Tests
Survival Skill 11: Use Test-Taking Strategies During and After a Test
Survival Skill 12: What To Do If You Get Lost
Special Survival Skills
- Learners with Special Needs
- Time Management Tools
- Returning Learners
- Using Flash Cards Effectively
- Using Your Digital Device to Study A&P
- Test Anxiety
- Climbing the Learning Pyramid
- English as a Second Language
- The Student Laboratory
PART 2: Maps, Charts, & Shortcuts, Special Survival Skills: Using Models and Analogies
1. The Body as a Whole
2. Support and Movement
3. Communication, Control, and Integration
4. Transportation and Defense
5. Respiration, Nutrition, and Excretion
6. Reproduction and Development
Common Word Parts