Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Sugar Esters Microemulsions covers recent advances in the formulation, characterization and applications of sugar esters microemulsions. This book comprehensibly covers a decade of experience on using sugar surfactants for various applications. It enables researchers in the field to follow a tested methodology in choosing the best sugar surfactant formulation that fits an application of interest. This book is the ultimate reference for all those in industry or academy working in the field of microemulsions in general and sugar esters in particular.
- Provides a timely reference for those working in research and development as well as academic scientists in the colloid and surface science field
- Presents a succinct summary on recent research, eliminating the need to search through a multitude of resources for critical information
- Complements existing books on microemulsions which take the more traditional approach of reviewing the fundamental aspects of the subject
- Examines recent advances in the formulation and characterization of the properties of sugar ester microemulsions for various applications
- Provides case studies in each chapter to clarify theoretical material
Researchers in academia; chemical engineers working in research, development, and manufacture of microemulsions
Part I: Overview
2. Sugar esters
3. Oils, Cosurfactants, Cosolvents
Part II: Formulation
4. Microemulsions with sugar esters
5. Microemulsions with sugar esters and cosurfactants
6. Microemulsions with sugar esters and cosolvents
7. Microemulsions with sugar esters and cosurfactants and co solvents
8. Microemulsions with mixed no ionic surfactants including sugar esters
Part III: Characterization
9. Microstructure measured by SAXS
10. Structural parameters
11. Diffusion properties measured by NMR and DLS
12. Volumetric properties
13. Electrical conductance
14. Viscous flow
Part IV: Applications
15. Drug solubilization
16. Alternative fuel
17. Green chemistry
Part V: Future perspective
18. Future works on sugar ester microemulsions
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 24th July 2017
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor M. Fanun is Associate Professor at the Colloids and Surfaces Research Center, Al-Quds University, Palestine. He has a PhD in Applied Chemistry, Casali Institute of Applied Chemistry, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. His is Fellow of the Palestinian Academy for Science and Technology (PALSAT), Member of the European Colloid and Interface Society (ECIS) and Member of the Bethlehem Academics Association. He published 3 books, several book chapters, and more than 70 articles in international scientific journals.
Colloids and Surfaces Research Center, Al-Quds University, East Jerusalem, Palestine
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.