- Preface: Understanding Adolescent Substance Use Disorders in the Era of Marijuana Legalization, Opioid Epidemic, and Social Media
2. Overview on Prevalence and Recent Trends in Adolescent Substance Use and Abuse
3. Neurobiology of Adolescent Substance Use Disorders
4. Genetics of Substance Use Disorders
5. Evidence-Based Prevention for Adolescent Substance Use
6. Assessment and Treatment of Adolescent Substance Use Disorders: Alcohol Use Disorders
7. Cannabis Use Disorder in Adolescence
8. Tobacco Use Disorders
9. Stimulant Use Disorders
10. Opioid Use Disorders
11. Hallucinogen Use Disorders
12. Inhalant Abuse and Dextromethorphan
13. Internet Addiction and Other Behavioral Addictions
14. Psychiatric Comorbidity and Complications
15. Medical Comorbidity and Complications
16. Objective Testing: Urine and Other Drug Tests
This issue of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics will be Part I of II on Substance Use Disorders. Part I will be edited by Drs. Ray Hsiao and Leslie Walker. They present an overview of prevalence and patterns, the neurobiology of adolescent abuse, and evidence-based prevention. This volume will cover a wide array of substances including, alcohol, cannabis, tobacco, stimulant, opioid, hallucinogens, inhalants, and even internet addiction or abuse, among other topics.
- © Elsevier 2016
- 30th June 2016
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington School of Medicine; Co-Director, Adolescent Substance Abuse Program, Seattle Children’s Hospital, Seattle, Washington
Professor and Vice-Chair of Faculty Affairs, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine; Co-Director, Adolescent Substance Abuse Program, Seattle Children’s Hospital, Seattle, Washington
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.