The all-new Study Guide for Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology offers valuable insights and guidance that will help you quickly master anatomy and physiology. This study guide features detailed advice on achieving good grades, getting the most out of the textbook, and using visual memory as a learning tool. It also contains learning objectives, unique study tips, and approximately 4,000 study questions with an answer key – all the tools to help you arrive at a complete understanding of human anatomy.
- Study guide chapters mirror the chapters in the textbook making it easy to jump back and forth between the two during your reading.
- Approximately 4,000 study questions in a variety of formats – including multiple choice, matching, fill-in-the-blank, short answer, and labeling – reinforce your understanding of key concepts and content.
- Chapters that are divided by the major topic headings found in the textbook help you target your studies.
- Learning objectives let you know what knowledge you should take away from each chapter.
- Detailed illustrations allow you to label the areas you need to know.
- Study tips offering fun mnemonics and other learning devices make even the most difficult topics easy to remember.
- Flashcard icons highlight topics that can be easily made into flashcards.
- Answer key lists the answers to every study question in the back of the guide.
Unit 1: Constituents of the Human Body
1. Organization of the Human Body
2. The Chemistry of Life
3. Anatomy of Cells
4. Physiology of Cells
5. Cell Growth and Reproduction
6. Tissues and Their Functions
Unit 2: Support and Movement
7. Skin and Its Appendages
8. Skeletal Tissues
9. Bones and Joints
10. Muscular System
Unit 3: Communication, Control, and Integration
11. Cells of the Nervous System
12. Central Nervous System
13. Peripheral Nervous System
14. Sense Organs
15. Endocrine System
Unit 4 Transportation and Defense
17. Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System
18. Physiology of the Cardiovascular System
19. Lymphatic and Immune Systems
Unit 5 Respiration, Nutrition, and Excretion
20. Respiratory System
21. Digestive System
22. Nutrition and Metabolism
23. Urinary System and Fluid Balance
Unit 6 Reproduction and Development
24. Male Reproductive System
25. Female Reproductive System
26. Growth and Development
27. Human Genetics and Heredity
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2012
- 23rd February 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: