Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Stochastic Differential Equations and Applications, Volume 1 covers the development of the basic theory of stochastic differential equation systems.
This volume is divided into nine chapters. Chapters 1 to 5 deal with the basic theory of stochastic differential equations, including discussions of the Markov processes, Brownian motion, and the stochastic integral. Chapter 6 examines the connections between solutions of partial differential equations and stochastic differential equations, while Chapter 7 describes the Girsanov’s formula that is useful in the stochastic control theory. Chapters 8 and 9 evaluate the behavior of sample paths of the solution of a stochastic differential system, as time increases to infinity.
This book is intended primarily for undergraduate and graduate mathematics students.
Contents of Volume 2
1 Stochastic Processes
1. The Kolmogorov Construction of a Stochastic Process
2. Separable and Continuous Processes
3. Martingales and Stopping Times
2 Markov Processes
1. Construction of Markov Processes
2. The Feller and the Strong Markov Properties
3. Time-Homogeneous Markov Processes
3 Brownian Motion
1. Existence of Continuous Brownian Motion
2. Nondifferentiability of Brownian Motion
3. Limit Theorems
4. Brownian Motion After a Stopping Time
5. Martingales and Brownian Motion
6. Brownian Motion in n Dimensions
4 The Stochastic Integral
1. Approximation of Functions by Step Functions
2. Definition of the Stochastic Integral
3. The Indefinite Integral
4. Stochastic Integrals with Stopping Time
5. Itôs Formula
6. Applications of Itôs Formula
7. Stochastic Integrals and Differentials in n Dimensions
5 Stochastic Differential Equations
1. Existence and Uniqueness
2. Stronger Uniqueness and Existence Theorems
3. The Solution of a Stochastic Differential System as a Markov Process
4. Diffusion Processes
5. Equations Depending on a Parameter
6. The Kolmogorov Equation
6 Elliptic and Parabolic Partial Differential Equations and Their Relations to Stochastic Differential Equations
1. Square Root of a Nonnegative Definite Matrix
2. The Maximum Principle for Elliptic Equations
3. The Maximum Principle for Parabolic Equations
4. The Cauchy Problem and Fundamental Solutions for Parabolic Equations
5. Stochastic Representation of Solutions of Partial Differential Equations
7 The Cameron-Martin-Girsanov Theorem
1. A Class of Absolutely Continuous Probabilities
2. Transformation of Brownian Motion
3. Girsanov's Formula
8 Asymptotic Estimates for Solutions
1. Unboundedness of Solutions
2. Auxiliary Estimates
3. Asymptotic Estimates
4. Applications of the Asymptotic Estimates
5. The One-Dimensional Case
9 Recurrent and Transient Solutions
1. Transient Solutions
2. Recurrent Solutions
3. Rate of Wandering Out to Infinity
5. Transient Solutions for Degenerate Diffusion
6. Recurrent Solutions for Degenerate Diffusion
7. The One-Dimensional Case
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1975
- 1st January 1975
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Bowling Green State University
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.