Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Fundamental Concepts and Mathematical Tools
2. Linear Systems with Constant Coefficients
3. Time-Varying Linear Systems
4. Lyapunov Direct Method
5. Development of Lyapunov Direct Method
6. Nonlinear Systems with Separate Variables
7. Iteration Method for Stability
8. Dynamical Systems with Time Delay
9. Absolute Stability of Nonlinear Control Systems
10. Stability of Neural Networks
11. Limit Cycle, Normal Form and Hopf Bifurcation Control
The main purpose of developing stability theory is to examine dynamic responses of a system to disturbances as the time approaches infinity. It has been and still is the object of intense investigations due to its intrinsic interest and its relevance to all practical systems in engineering, finance, natural science and social science. This monograph provides some state-of-the-art expositions of major advances in fundamental stability theories and methods for dynamic systems of ODE and DDE types and in limit cycle, normal form and Hopf bifurcation control of nonlinear dynamic systems.
- Presents comprehensive theory and methodology of stability analysis
- Can be used as textbook for graduate students in applied mathematics, mechanics, control theory, theoretical physics, mathematical biology, information theory, scientific computation
- Serves as a comprehensive handbook of stability theory for practicing aerospace, control, mechanical, structural, naval and civil engineers
Graduate students in applied mathematics, mechanics, control theory, theoretical physics, mathematical biology, information theory, and scientific computation; Comprehensive handbook of stability theory for practicing aerospace, control, mechanical, structural, naval and civil engineers
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2007
- 1st August 2007
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"The book is a collection of a host of results with a variety of real world applications and practical examples. It is a joy to read. The wide variety of results presented in this exposition will make it a useful text from graduate students of humanities, sciences and engineering… This book can serve a very useful purpose and will be a valuable addition to the literature." --Mathematical Reviews, April 2011
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.