Learn how diagnostic ultrasound works, and find out how to properly handle artifacts, scan safely, evaluate instrument performance, and prepare for registry examinations, with the market-leading Sonography Principles and Instruments, 9th Edition. It concisely and comprehensively covers the essential aspects of ultrasound physics and instrumentation like Doppler, artifacts, safety, quality assurance, and the newest technology — all in a dynamic, highly visual format for easy review of key information. Dr. Kremkau, unlike others, uses extensive exam questions, over 1,000 high-quality illustrations, and only the most basic equations to simplify complicated concepts, making this text a highly respected reference for sonography students and professionals.
- Essential coverage of physics and sonography prepares you for the physics portion of the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification exam.
- Current technology content, including the continuing progression of contrast agents and 3D and the more general aspects of transducers and instruments, helps you better comprehend the text.
- Straightforward explanations simplify complicated concepts.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of every chapter give you a measurable outcome to achieve.
- Key terms provide you with a list of the most important terms at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key Points, called out with an icon and special type, highlight the most important information to help you study more efficiently.
- Bulleted reviews at the end of each chapter identify key concepts covered in that chapter.
- End-of-chapter exercises test your knowledge and understanding with a mix of true/false, fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and matching questions.
- Glossary of key terms at the end of the book serves as a quick reference, letting you look up definitions without having to search through each chapter.
- Appendices, including a List of Symbols, Complication of Equations, and Mathematics Review, equip you with additional resources to help comprehend difficult concepts.
- An Evolve site with student resources enhances your learning experience.
- A full-color design depicts over 120 high-quality ultrasound scans similar to what you will encounter in the clinical setting.
4. Imaging Instruments
5. Doppler Instruments
7. Performance and Safety
Answers to Exercises
• List of Symbols
• Compilation of Equations
• Mathematics Review
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2016
- 6th November 2015
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor, Radiologic Sciences and Director, Program for Medical Ultrasound, Center for Applied Learnng, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC