Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction (C.J. Ritsema, L.W. Dekker). 2. Historical overview of soil water repellency (L.F. DeBano). Origin of Soil Water Repellency. 3. Hydrophobic compounds in sands from New Zealand (D.J. Horne, J.C. McIntosh). 4. Chemical characterisation of water repellent materials in Australian sands
(C.M.M. Franco, P.J. Clarke et al.). Assessment of Soil Water Repellency. 5. Characterizing the degree of repellency (J. Letey, M.L.K. Carrillo, X.P. Pang). 6. Sessile drop contact angle method (J. Bachmann, A. Ellies, K.H. Hartge). 7. Water-entry value as an alternative indicator (Z. Wang, L. Wu, Q.J. Wu). Occurrence and Hydrological Implications. 8. Soil wettability in forested catchments in South Africa (D.F. Scott). 9. Soil water repellency in arid and humid climates
(D.F. Jaramillo, L.W. Dekker et al.). 10. Water repellency in dunes along the Dutch coast (L.W. Dekker, C.J. Ritsema, K. Oostindie). 11. Water repellent soils on UK golf greens (C.A. York, P.M. Canaway). 12. Soil water repellency in the Natural Park of Donana, southern Spain (F.J. Moral Garcia, L.W. Dekker et al.). 13. Soil water repellency in northeastern Greece (A.K. Ziogas, L.W. Dekker et al.). 14. Soil moisture: a controlling factor in water repellency?
(S.H. Doerr, A.D. Thomas). 15. Wetting patterns in water repellent Dutch soils (L.W. Dekker, C.J. Ritsema). 16. The impact of water-repellency on overland flow and runoff in Portugal (A.J.D. Ferreira, C.O.A. Coelho et al.). 17. The erosional impact of soil water repellency: an evaluation (R.A. Shakesby, S.H. Doerr, R.P.D. Walsh). Effect of Fire on Water Repellency. 18. The role of fire and soil heating on water repellency (L.F. DeBano). 19. Infiltration rates after prescribed fire in Northern Rocky Mountain forests (P.R. Robichaud). Physics and Modeling on Water Repellent Soils. 20. Physics of hydrophobic soils (T.W.J. Bauters, T.S. Steenhuis et al.). 21. Solute transport through a hydrophobic soil
(B.E. Clothier, I. Vogeler, G.N. Magesan). 22. Effects of water repellency on infiltration rate and flow instability (Z. Wang, Q.J. Wu et al.). 23. Non-equilibrium model for gravity-driven fingering in water repellent soils: Formulation and 2D simulations (J. Nieber, A. Sheshukov et al.). 24. Modeling implications of preferential flow in water repellent sandy soils (C.J. Ritsema, L.W. Dekker). Ameloriation Techniques and Farming Strategies on Water Repellent Soils.
25. Clay spreading on water repellent sands (M.A. Cann). 26. Treating water repellent surface layer with surfactant (L.W. Dekker, K. Oostindie et al.). 27. Management of water repellency in Australia (P.S. Blackwell). 28. Water repellency: a whole farm bio-economic perspective (A.K. Abadi Ghadim). Bibliography and References. 29. More than one thousand references related to soil water repellency (L.W. Dekker, L.F. DeBano et al.). 30. References not listed in chapter 29.
- No. of pages: 358
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2003
- Published: April 1, 2003
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080523217
About the Editors
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Soil Water Repellency"