Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Due to problems associated with the design and manufacturing of composite materials, there is a need to introduce computational and intelligent systems engineering methodology in materials engineering. Soft Computing in the Design and Manufacturing of Composite Material offers an intelligent approach to advance material engineering, and significantly improves the process of designing and manufacturing a new material. This title includes chapters covering topics such as soft computing techniques, composite materials engineering, design and manufacturing of composite materials, numerical modeling, prediction, and optimization of the composite materials performance, development of the hybrid models, and control of the composite material performance.
- Introduction of soft computing in the composite materials engineering
- Includes accurate and detailed analysis of the current state of the art in the field
- Development of the intelligent models for design and manufacturing of composite material
- Details composite material performance prediction
- Optimization of the manufacturing process of composite materials
All those academics researching and engineering specialists involved in composite materials engineering
1: Introduction to composite materials
- 1.1 Basics of composite materials
- 1.2 Conclusions
2: Soft computing and composite materials engineering
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Soft computing and systems engineering
- 2.3 Conclusions
3: Composite materials manufacturing
- 3.1 Manufacturing of thermoset matrix composites
- 3.2 Manufacturing of brake friction materials
- 3.3 Conclusions
4: Soft computing techniques
- 4.1 Artificial neural networks
- 4.2 Artificial neural networks and other computational methods (FEM, FVM, FDM)
- 4.3 Genetic algorithms
- 4.4 Conclusions
5: Composite materials – modelling, prediction and optimization
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Numerical modelling and optimization of thermoset composite manufacturing processes
- 5.3 Soft computing and brake friction materials
- 5.4 Conclusions
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2015
- 16th February 2015
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dragan Aleksendrić is an Associate professor at Automotive Department, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Associate Professor, Automotive Department, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Pierpaolo Carlone is an Assistant professor at the Department of Industrial Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Salerno, Italy
Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Salerno, Italy
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.