Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part 1 Fundamentals of Textile Coatings and Laminates
1. Fundamentals of textile coatings and laminates
2. Coating and Laminated Materials, Processes, and Techniques
3. Base fabrics and their interaction in coated fabrics
Part 2 Smart and Intelligent Coatings and Laminates for Textiles
4. Microencapsulation technology for coating and lamination of textiles
5. Conductive coatings for textiles
6. Intelligent breathable coatings and laminates for textile applications
7. Shape memory polymers in coatings and laminates for textiles
8. Phase change materials and their application in coatings and laminates for textiles
9. Nanotechnology-based advanced coatings and functional finishes for textiles
10. Smart flame retardant textile coatings and laminates
12. Integration of electronic functionalities into textiles by lamination technology
13. Responsive Coatings
14. Functional coatings for nanofibrous membranes
15. Trending Topics and New Applications
16. Medical Applications of smart textile coatings and laminates
17. Specialty Testing
18. Self-Healing Coatings and Laminates
Smart Textile Coatings and Laminates, Second Edition, reviews a variety of topics regarding textile coatings and laminates to provide a stimulus for developing new and improved textile products. It addresses coating and laminating processes and techniques and base fabrics and their interaction in coated fabrics. Other sections discuss the different types of smart and intelligent coatings and laminates, including microencapsulation technology, conductive coatings, breathable coatings, phase change materials and their applications in textiles. Many new chapters have been added in this updated edition, including the medical applications of smart coatings, responsive coatings, and the integration of electronics into textiles.
With its highly distinguished editor and array of international contributors, this book is a valuable reference for chemists, textile technologists, fiber scientists, textile engineers, and more.
- Presents the state-of-the-art in smart coatings for fibers, fabrics and polymers, providing fundamental knowledge and stimulus for further research and development
- Includes a new range of application areas, including responsive coatings, smart coatings for medical applications, and the integration of electronics into textiles through coating technology
- Provides practical guidance for coating and laminating processes and techniques, with a particular focus on the impact of nanotechnology on intelligent coatings
Researchers, technicians, engineers, R&D managers in textile companies and downstream application areas such as protective clothing, aerospace, energy, medical, and others
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 6th December 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
William C. (Bill) Smit, President and founder, began the consulting firm Industrial Textile Associates in 1986 to assist companies to enter and/or expand the presence in the technical textiles industry. He has over 46 years experience in technical textiles. He is active in several professional organizations and serves as the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Industrial Textiles, formerly the Journal of Coated Fabrics. He organized and ran the groundbreaking International Conference on Textile Coating and Laminating for 15 years, along with over 50 other professional development conferences related to technical textiles. As symposium Director and consultant for Techtextil North America (TTNA), Bill has developed the largest and most acclaimed industry symposium in North America.
Industrial Textile Associates, USA