Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction of Smart Materials
2. Manufacturing and Design of smart polymer composites
3. Processing and Properties of smart polymer composites
4. Shape memory polymer composites and their applications
5. Smart polymer hydrogels and their applications
6. Smart biopolymers and their applications
Section B: Biomedical Applications
7. Photo-responsive polymer composites and their applications
8. Enzyme-responsive polymer composites and their applications
9. Biomedical applications of smart polymer composites
10. Smart polymer biomaterials for tissue engineering
11. Applications of smart polymers in Nano medicine
12. Smart polymer composites in biotechnology
13. Smart polymer composites in bioseparation
14. Smart polymers composites in drug delivery
Section C: Environmental Applications
15. Environmental applications of smart polymer composites
16. Smart polymer composite membranes for waste water treatment
17. Smart polymer composites for textile and plastics
18. Smart polymer composites for wood protection
19. Smart polymer Coatings for protection of corrosion
20. Smart polymer coatings for anti-fouling applications
21. Smart polymer composites for energy applications
Smart Polymer Nanocomposites: Biomedical and Environmental Applications presents the latest information on smart polymers and their promising application in various fields, including their role in delivery systems for drugs, tissue engineering scaffolds, cell culture sports, bioseparation, and sensors or actuator systems.
- Features detailed information on the preparation, characterization and applications of smart functional polymer composites
- Covers a broad range of applications in both the biomedical and environmental engineering fields
- Chapters are written by authors with diverse background expertise from the faculties of chemistry, engineering and the manufacturing industry
Polymer chemists and polymer physicists and biomaterials engineers. Mechanical engineers/civil engineers
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st December 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
He has a teaching experience of two years from King Abdul Aziz University- North Jeddah and a post-doctoral experience of Three years from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has received his M Sc. in Analytical Chemistry and Ph D. in Applied Analytical Chemistry from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. He is working on the synthesis of molecular Imprinting polymers for the removal/extraction of dyes, fungicides and various natural products from environmental and biological samples. In addition to this, he is also working on the development of new test methods and determining standard conditions for analysis (Separation, Isolation and Determination) of various analytes from environmental and biological samples. He is involved in the analysis of samples like: Surfactants, Amino acids, Drugs, Vitamins, Sugars and Metal ions. He has published 1 book and 8 book chapters and he has published more than 30 papers in various journals. He is life member of Asian polymer association and editorial board member of several journals.
Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Resource Science and Technology, UNIMAS, Malaysia
Dr. Anish Khan is Currently working as an Assistant Professor, Chemistry Department, Centre of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research (CEAMR), Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Ph.D. from Aligarh Muslim University, India in 2010. Research experience of working in the field of synthetic polymers, organic-inorganic electrically conducting nano-composites. Complete Postdoctoral from School of Chemical Sciences, University Sains Malaysia (USM) in electroanalytical chemistry in 2010-2011. 10 years of research and teaching experience, more than 170 research papers published in refereed international journals. More than 20 international conferences/workshops and 25 books published 15 in Progress and 60 Book chapters. Around 25 research projects were completed. Managerial Editor of Chemical and Environmental Research (CER) Journal, Member of American Nano Society, Field of specialization is polymer nanocomposite/cation-exchanger/chemical sensor/micro biosensor/nanotechnology, application of nanomaterials in electroanalytical chemistry, material chemistry, ion-exchange chromatography, and electro-analytical chemistry, dealing with the synthesis, characterization (using different analytical techniques) and derivatization of inorganic ion-exchanger by the incorporation of electrically conducting polymers. Preparation and characterization of hybrid nanocomposite materials and their applications, Polymeric inorganic cation –exchange materials, Electrically conducting polymeric, materials, Composite material use as Sensors, Green chemistry by remediation of pollution, Heavy metal ion-selective membrane electrode, Biosensor on the neurotransmitter.
Center of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Dr. Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as a Fellow Researcher (Associate Professor), at the Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia and has also been a Visiting Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He is also a Visiting Scholar at TEMAG Labs, Department of Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. Previously he worked as a Visiting Lecturer, at the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as an Expatriate Lecturer under the UNDP project with the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. He received his Ph.D. from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and with industry. His research interests include Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends. So far he has published 5 books, 12 book chapters, and more than 130 International journal papers and 4 Published review papers in the Top 25 hot articles on Science Direct during 2014-2015. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Malaysian Polymer Journal and Guest Editor for Current Organic Synthesis and Current Analytical Chemistry. He is the reviewer of several high impact ISI journals (44 Journals).
Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.