Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Single-Cell Omics: Volume 1: Technological Advances and Applications provides the latest technological developments and applications of single-cell technologies in the field of biomedicine. In the current era of precision medicine, the single-cell omics technology is highly promising due to its potential in diagnosis, prognosis and therapeutics. Sections in the book cover single-cell omics research and applications, diverse technologies applied in the topic, such as pangenomics, metabolomics, and multi-omics of single cells, data analysis, and several applications of single-cell omics within the biomedical field, for example in cancer, metabolic and neuro diseases, immunology, pharmacogenomics, personalized medicine and reproductive health.
This book is a valuable source for bioinformaticians, molecular diagnostic researchers, clinicians and members of the biomedical field who are interested in understanding more about single-cell omics and its potential for research and diagnosis.
- Covers not only the technological aspects, but also the diverse applications of single cell omics in the biomedical field
- Summarizes the latest progress in single cell omics and discusses potential future developments for research and diagnosis
- Written by experts across the world, bringing different points-of-view and case studies to give a comprehensive overview on the topic
Bioinformaticians, molecular diagnostic researchers, clinicians, geneticists
Section I Overview of Single-Cell Omics
1. Single-Cell Omics: An Overview
2. Recent Progress in Single-Cell Sequencing
3. Cellular Heterogeneity and Single-Cell Omics
4. Single-Cell Omics: Cellular Functions
5. Single-Cell Omics: Deciphering Tumor Clonal Architecture
Section II Omics Technologies in Single-Cell
6. An Overview of Single-Cell Isolation Techniques
7. Microfluidic Techniques for Single-Cell Culture
8. Single-Cell Omics in Noninvasive Diagnosis and Testing—Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy-Based Approach
9. Single-Cell Genomics: Technology and Applications
10. Single-Cell Metagenomics
11. Single-Cell Epigenomics: Technology and Applications
12. Single-Cell Transcriptomics: Technology and Applications
13. Single-Cell Transcriptomics and Proteomics of Skeletal Muscle: Technology and Applications
14. Single-Cell Proteomics: Technology and Applications
15. Single-Cell Metabolomics: Technology and Applications
16. Single-Cell Phenomics in Budding Yeast: Technologies and Applications
17. Robotics in Single-Cell Omics
18. Single-Cell Editing: The CRISPR/Cas9 and Applications
Section III Data Analysis in Single-Cell Omics
19. Data Analysis in Single-Cell RNA-Seq
20. Systems-Level Understanding of Single-Cell Omics
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 7th June 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
M.Sc. (Applied Genetics), M.Tech. (Biotechnology), M.Phil. (Biotechnology), Ph.D. (Biotechnology), Ph.D. (Bioinformatics), Post-Doc (Bioinformatics), PGDM, is honorary Principal Scientist at Institute of Integrative Omics and Applied Biotechnology (IIOAB), India- a virtual global platform of multidicipliary research and advocacy. He is blended with both academic and industrial research and has more than 12 yrs bioinformatics and personalized diagnostic/ medicine Industry experience where his main focus is to translate academic research into high value commercial products for common mans’ reach. He has published more than 150 articles in reputed international journals and has edited 15 cutting-edge omics related reference books published by Taylor& Francis, Springer, Elsevier etc. He has also co-authored 30+ book chapters. Dr. Barh also frequently reviewes articles for Nature publications, Elsevier, BMC Series, PLoS One etc like international Journals. Due to his significant contribution in the field; he has been recognized by Who's Who in the World and Limca Book of Records.
Centre for Genomics and Applied Gene Technology, Institute of Integrative Omics and Applied Biotechnology, Nonakuri, Purba Medinipur, India
Vasco Azevedo is graduated from veterinary school of the Federal University of Bahia in 1986. He obtained his Master (1989) and Ph.D. (1993) degrees in microbial genetics from Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon (INAPG) and Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), France, respectively. He did his Post-doctoral research (1994) at Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania. USA. Since 1995, he is a Professor at Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG), Brazil. In 2004, Prof. Azevedo won the Livre-docência contest at the University of São Paulo, which is considered the best university in Brazil. Livre-docência is a degree awarded by the Higher Education Department of Brazil through a public examination open only to the doctoral degree holders and is a recognition to a superior quality of teaching and research. In 2017, Prof. Azevedo defended his third thesis to become a Doctorate in Bioinformatics from the UFMG. He is a also a Fellow of Brazilian Academy of Sciences. He has published 380 research articles, 3 books, and 29 book chapters. Prof. Azevedo is expert in bacterial genetics, genomics, transcriptome, proteomics, and development of new vaccines and diagnostics against infectious diseases. He is pioneer in genetics of Lactic Acid Bacteria and Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis in Brazil.
Professor, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG), Brazil
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.