- Print ISBN 9780444509994
- Electronic ISBN 9780080522807
An international team of specialists have contributed to the Annuals by selecting critically from each year's publications all that is truly new and informative, by critically interpreting it, and by pointing out whatever is misleading. The use of the book is enhanced by separate indexes, allowing the reader to enter the text via the drug name, adverse effect, or drug interaction.
Special features of the Annuals are the Side Effects of Drugs Essay, usually written by a guest author, and the special reviews: short articles, within the different chapters, that give extra attention to topics of current interest.
The Essay in Annual 26 is entitled 'How safe is cannabis?' (by Professor L.L. Iversen) and there is a Historical Essay entitled 'From thalidomide to pharmacovigilance: a personal account' (by Professor D.J. Finney).
The special reviews in this volume include, among others:
- The cognitive effects of Ecstasy
- Antipsychotic drugs and weight gain
- Vigabatrin-related visual abnormalities
- Managing the adverse effects of morphine
- The cardiotoxic effects of antihistamines
- Inhaled corticosteroids and growth inhibition in children
- Bioterrorism and its prevention through immunization
- No. of pages:
- © 2003
- 22nd August 2003
- Elsevier Science
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: