1. Exploration of the Sialic Acid World
Roland Schauer and Johannis P. Kamerling
2. Chemical Synthesis of Glycosides of N-Acetylneuraminic Acid
Cristina De Meo and Bradley T. Jones
Sialic Acids, Volume 75, a recent release in the Advances in Carbohydrate Chemistry and Biochemistry series, is the first volume of a two-volume set devoted to the sialic acids. Vol. 75 includes a broad-based historical overview of the field by two pioneers in the identification, structural development, and chemistry and biochemistry of the sialic acids. A second chapter is devoted to the finer aspects of the modern, up-to-date chemical synthesis of the all-important glycosides of N-acetylneuraminic acid, a class of sialic acid derivatives with a myriad of functions.
- Features contributions from leading authorities and industry experts who specialize in carbohydrate chemistry, biochemistry and research
- Integrates the industrial, analytical and technological aspects of biochemistry, organic chemistry and instrumentation methodology in the study of carbohydrates
- Informs and updates on all the latest developments in the field
Researchers in biochemistry, organic chemistry, carbohydrate chemistry/ biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, and instrumentation methodology
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 6th December 2018
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Prof. David C. Baker has a broad research and teaching experience in the organic and medicinal chemistry of the carbohydrates, including nucleosides and cell-surface carbohydrates that are documented in over 200 publications, presentations, and patents. He was elected a Fellow of the American Chemical Society where he has been active principally in the Division of Carbohydrate Chemistry.
Dr. Baker is Professor of Chemistry, Emeritus at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN, USA. His editorial experience extends back over thirty years with editor’s positons for both the Journal of Carbohydrate Chemistry and Carbohydrate Research.