Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Sialic Acids and Sialoglycoconjugates in the Biology of Life, Health and Disease enables the reader to understand the role of sialylation as a post translational modification. The book provides insights on the latest knowledge in the field of sialoglycobiology. Sialic acids as terminal residues of oligosaccharide chains play crucial roles in several cellular recognition events. Synthesized post translationally, they play an important role in recognition, signaling, immunological response and cell-cell interaction. Improper sialylations have been associated with several diseases including cancer. In the post genomics and proteomics era, sialoglybiology has become more and more important in deciphering health and disease conditions.
- Discusses the sialic acids and their role in different diseases (other than cancer)
- Provides an understanding of sialylations as post translational modifications (PTM)
- Demonstrates the impact sialylation has on infectious diseases, the autoimmune system and health
- Gives insights on the importance of sialic acid biology through animal models
Masters, Graduate Students of life sciences, microbiology, immunology, biochemistry, biology, glycobiology, medicine; doctors, medical professionals, researchers
1. Sialic Acid and Biology of Life: An Introduction
2. Sialoglycans and Genetically Engineered Plants
3. Sialic Acid, Sialoglycans, Sialylation: A Study in Insects
4. Sialoglycoconjugates and Human Physiology
5. Pathogens, infectious disease biology and Sialic acid
6. Sialic acids in autoimmune disorders
7. Lysosomal Storage Disorders: Disorders Related to Glycans and Sialic Acid
8. Sialic Acids and its Conjugates in Cancer
9. Sialic Acids and its Conjugates in Endocrinal Disorders
10. Sialic Acids and Xenotransplantation
11. Nanotechnology and Sialic Acid Biology
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 21st January 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Shyamasree Ghosh has been working in the field of sialoglycoconjugates for more than 12 years now, since her PhD in the topic of Sialoglycocongugates in Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). The author has considerable experience and published quite a large number of publications in reputed international journals and is cited across the globe for her work. She is one of the well-known scientist in this field of sialoglycobiology. Currently working to the capacity of Scientific Officer (F), in the School of Biological sciences, National institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and has authored large number of publications and books in reputed
School of Biological Sciences, NISER, Bhubaneswar, Govt of India, Dept of Atomic Energy (DAE), Jatni Campus, PO- Bhimpur-adanpur, Via-Jatni, District- Khurda, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.