Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Separation of Functional Molecules in Food by Membrane Technology deals with an issue that is becoming a new research trend in the field of food and bioproducts processing. The book fills in the gap of transfer knowledge between academia and industry by highlighting membrane techniques and applications for the separation of food components in bioresources, discussing separation mechanisms, balancing advantages and disadvantages, and providing relevant applications. Edited by Charis Galanakis, the book is divided in 13 chapters written by experts from the meat science, food technology and engineering industries.
- Covers the 13 most relevant topics of functional macro and micro molecules separation using membrane technology in the food industry
- Brings the most recent advances in the field of membrane processing
- Presents the sustainability principles of the food industry and the modern bioeconomy frame of our times
Food technologists, Food and pharmaceutical industries, food agricultural, chemical and environmental engineers, professionals working in the food industry, Food engineers who work in the food industry and are seeking to develop new products, new applications or improve their by-products management
1. Introduction to Membrane Processes
Maria Norberta De Pinho and Miguel Minhalma
2. Separation of functional macro- and micro-molecules: from ultrafiltration to the border of nanofiltration
Charis M. Galanakis and Sonia Ancuta Socaci
3. Membrane filtration of biosurfactants
Paula Jauregi and Konstantina Kourmentza
4. Membrane technology for purification of enzymatically produced oligosaccharides
Andrés Córdova, Andrés Illanes and Carolina Astudillo-Castro
5. Pectin removal and clarification of juices
6. Recovery of polyphenols from olive mill wastewater
Roberto Castro-Muñoz Sr.
7. Lignin separation and fractionation by ultrafiltration
Jalel Labidi Sr.
8. Membrane separations in dairy industry
9. Current and future applications of nanofiltration in food processing
10. Electrodialysis-Based Separation Technologies in the Food Industry
Yaoming Wang, Chenxiao Jiang, Laurent Bazinet and Tongwen Xu
11. Osmotic driven membrane processes for separation of special food component
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 19th November 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Charis M. Galanakis is a multidisciplinary scientist in agricultural sciences as well as food and environmental science, technology, and sustainability, with experience in both industry and academia. He is the research and innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories in Chania, Greece, an adjunct professor of King Saud University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and the director of Food Waste Recovery Group (SIG5) of ISEKI Food Association in Vienna, Austria. He pioneered the new discipline of food waste recovery and has established the most prominent innovation network in the field. He also serves as a senior consultant for the food industry and expert evaluator for international and regional funded programs and proposals. He is an editorial board member of Food and Bioproducts Processing, Food Research International, Foods, and Molecules, has edited over 30 books, and has published hundreds of research articles, reviews, monographs, chapters, and conference proceedings.
Galanakis Laboratories, Chania, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.